Chapter Five

dedicated to @kadiebmore for the long and thoughtful comment she left on the previous chapter :)

Btw, i'm so so so sorry for taking so long to update this, school has to come first so that took up lots of my time and i'm just utterly sorry

I'd also like to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who voted for this story in the 1DBromance awards because it came first in the multiple pairings category and it made me so freaking happy, you guys are the best :)

So, we're going back in time here, four years prior to when Zayn is introduced, alas, the boys are all still at school. It gives a little background on the boys' past (apart from zayn obviously) but it'll only be like this for like, two chapters or so, and then Zayn will be back again :) Hope it doesn't disappoint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 2009 [Four years earlier]

Harry's eyes trail across his irresistibly sexy body; the taints in his muscles, his broad shoulders practically begging to be kissed, glimmering golden locks billowing in the air, catching the scorching sunlight in the most beautiful way.

 Harry's well and truly hooked.

He keeps his own emerald eyes easily transfixed on the actions of the slightly older boy; the natural ease in his footwork as he kicks the football around, the intense expression etched on his face, his creamy smooth skin plastered in sweat. Harry stretches his long, slender legs; allowing them to contract, his body practically screaming in delight from having sat in the same spot for two hours.

His eyes flicker to the boy sitting a couple of seats away from him, lips pursed in concentration, eyebrows furrowed as his eyes remain fixed on his thick book held by his large hands. He knows it's Liam Payne, musical mastermind (in his opinion), and enviously the best friend of his prince. Well, not prince per say, but it's close enough to the truth in his eyes. He doesn't know how anybody could avert their eyes away from the blonde boy on the field for more than a couple of minutes.

Harry watches in sheer delight as Niall bends down to tie his shoelaces, the muscles in his back contracting from the action, bum hanging in the air. Harry licks his lips subconsciously in appreciation, admiring the view unnoticeably. That is, until Niall's eyes flicker up to look at Harry, who really wants the world to swallow him up right now. Niall's lips curve up into a side smirk, sending a rather cheeky wink to a flustered Harry who leaps up, practically bolting back into the school halls, his chocolate brown curls flying all over the place, cheeks tinted pink in utter embarrassment. He knows it's slightly creepy that he sits at the side-lines of the school field nearly every time Niall is playing but he can't help it.

He really can't.

His chest collides with another, sending him flying to the ground, his arm wrapped protectively around his books. He's a little dazed as he tries to compose himself. He peeks up through his eyelashes to see that it's just Louis with a smug smile on his face. Harry breathes a sigh of relief, helping his best friend stand up before wrapping his arms around Louis' neck, hiding his face in the crook of his neck.

"It's only been a couple of hours" Louis feels Harry's arms tighten around his neck, holding on for dear life. "I didn't know you were this attached to me" Louis feels a low rumble of laughter in his ear. He can feel everyone's eyes on him, taunting and judging the idea of two male friends hugging it out in the middle of the school corridors, but he doesn't give a damn about anybody's opinions. Harry pulls away from him, looking a little like a deer caught in the headlights.