Chapter 3

Like my mom and aunt we got a suite dorm. i was dorm 62 of the cherry wood dorms and i shared it with only one person apparently. i have no clue who my roommate for the year is but it is not jade because jade is dorm 63 of the cherry dorm across the hall. The suite dorms were huge with two separate bedrooms a living room and a small kitchen and a bathroom with a walk in shower and two sinks for the two of us to share. the walls were all white and Cream. i picked the bedroom on the left and we started to put stuff away. the room had a walk in closet with places for shoes on each side and tons of room to put my clothes. I was putting my bedding on which is my favourite colours baby blue with brown designs on it. i started hanging up my medals and ribbons around my room while my mom started putting my clothes away and my dad was bringing the rest of my stuff up. I left my toiletries for last because i decided to wait for my roommate. She came up probably five minutes after. she was really pretty with dark brown straight hair and blue eyes. she was probably as tall as i am maybe a bit shorter. "hi i'm Alexus Barkley I'm your roommate i already claimed the left bedroom sorry if you wanted that" i told her. "oh thats ok actually i'm Katie Casper and i am fine with the right bedroom" she told me before she walked to her bedroom. i went back to mine to make sure my mom sorted my clothes right. all my riding clothes were on the left hand side and my wear everyday clothes were on the right. "alright thanks mom and dad i thinks thats all i will go help out jade now." i told them hugging them as i walked across the hall to go see how jade is doing. I opened the door which was unlocked and called "Jade" "in the bedroom on the right" she called back. i headed to her room which was similar to mine but her bedspread was Aqua and baby blue. she was in her walk in closet. "Hey need help?" i asked "actually i just finished but lets go say hi to my roommate who is in her bedroom." she said. we walked to the left bedroom and knocked on the door. "Hello?" a voice called back. "hi it's your roommate i came to say hi." jade said. The door opened to a girl with fiery red hair and tons of freckles. "hi i'm Cassidy Howe and you are?" she asked "i'm jade your roommate and this is my cousin who is across the hall Alexus" jade said. i waved to her. "nice to meet you" she said. "jade i'm going to go and set up my bathroom with Katie" i told her before heading back across to my room where Katie was already in the bathroom setting all her make up on the sink on the right. "i figured you would want the left side of the bathroom as well" she said. "its helpful because i am left handed" as i started organizing my makeup into the first drawer. after i had all my toiletries sorted out mom dad and aunt autumn left and i decided to go for a little ride on Ria because the main arena was empty. i had on a pair of beige breeches and a blue polo and just left my hair in the French braid from this morning. i put my dressage tack on her and some white polo's and just worked on dressage with her for probably twenty minutes before the other people started to come in. i didn't spend too much time cooling her down because she was not sweating and barely panting and put her away before going to head up to find the cafeteria because it was about twelve thirty and i still hadn't had lunch.
It turns out that jade Katie and Cassidy were all just getting their as i came so i sat at the same table with them. that is when they walked in. and by they i mean the "popular girls" just kidding there was about three girls who walked in like they owned the place but no one batted an eye at them. yeah they wouldn't be a problem at all. they are honestly probably just spoiled daddy's girls.
"So how was your ride did Ria act up again?" jade asks. "no she was fine today but i had her under the dressage saddle" i told jade. "Well that's good I was thinking of going for a ride after lunch" jade told me. "i might head back out and do a proper dressage ride on her because i only rode for like twenty minutes and that was only walk trot and a little canter." i said as we finished up our Caesar salads. "Katie Cassidy do you guys wanna come with us to the barn for a ride?" i asked them. "yeah sure mya hasn't been worked properly in like two weeks" Katie tells us standing up "yeah i'll come" Cassidy shrugs. we headed down to the barn where i put my dressage saddle and bridle back on Ria. Katie's horse Mya was beautiful she was a dapple grey six year old and she was about seventeen hands tall. "Her names resimya but i call her mya she is a one quarter Dutch warmblood three quarters Canadian warmblood" Katie tells me. Cassidy has a big Irish sport horse gelding named conwell. he is eighteen hands and extremely dark brown.
After we rode for about an hour we headed back to our dorms to change clothes and explore the ccampus