Chapter 4

I changed out of my riding gear and put on a dark blue tank top with thick straps and a pair of black leggings. We grabbed our wallets and we went to the small cafe on campus something that i remember my mom saying was really good. We walked into the cafe where there was a small line up of five people. when it was out turn to order we all paid for our own but we sat together at a table by the window. "i am not looking forward for actually starting school tomorrow" Katie sighs. "yeah i wish we could go here to just to ride not for school." Cassidy agrees. "i don't know i actually like school quite a bit. also what teams are you guys joining i was thinking of doing the eventing team because it covers all basis and i am an eventer myself" i told them. "i think I'm doing the eventing team as well what about you guys?" Jade agrees with me. "I'm trying for the show jumping and dressage team because i don't do cross country I'm not an eventer" Cassidy says. "I'm want to try for hunter jumping and show jumping" Katie says. "When are tryouts?" i ask Katie. "I think they are next Monday we don't have any riding lessons until next week" Cassidy tells me. "so until then we kinda just ride whenever we have time?" i ask. "Yeah basically i mean they have so many arenas around they have three outdoor arena's and two indoor ones plus about five round pens." Katie says. "Yeah I guess" i shrug. we finished up our food and headed out for a walk. the campus was beautiful with big maple trees just turning red. That's when I heard a familiar voice. "Alexus jade hey" it was Ethan. "Hey Ethan" i said back waving him over. "Cassidy, Katie meet Ethan and Ethan meet Cassidy and Katie." i introduced them. "hello Ethan" Katie said. "hi" Cassidy says. We continued walking along with Ethan. "Who's your roommate Ethan" i ask him as were walking. "His name is Liam and he is cute to bad he's straight though" Ethan says. i laugh "i'm sure there are plenty of boys out there for you" i tell him laughing.
We headed back to our rooms because i wanted to FaceTime mom and dad
"Hey mom hi dad" i said to my screen. "hey Alexus how are you have you settled in yet?" mom asks. "I'm good and i am settled in fine we went for dressage ride earlier and we just went for a walk and went to the cafe." i told them. "well thats good have you made any friends yet?" "yeah I have made a couple actually my roommate her names Katie, jades roommate her name is Cassidy, and Ethan i met him at the barn." i told them. "So what teams are you joining this year?" mom asks me. "the eventing team is the only one i am going to join because it covers all my bases." i told her. "thats great when are tryouts?" she asks "apparently they are next Monday and we don't have school until then so i have a whole week to practice." i say. "well honey we have to go we are going to jakes he has some fillies for sale i want to look at" mom says. "ok by mom" i hung up the FaceTime.