Dinner

Knock knock

"That will be Lucy" I just about heard dan yell and soph appeared at the door as perfect as anything.

"Hi, he's nearly ready. Coming in." Offering but really didn't want me inside

Stepping inside the heating was on high and all I could hear was gossip and laughter from clearly a good few women. Feeling of awkwardness rushed over me and I pulled my arms tight to my body.

"Dan said you dance to?"

"yeah I was on tour for a while!" Replying as noticing photos on the wall and i remember that photo of me and dan

"Oh my lord you allowed him to put this up of me ! and dan at the concert I was in?" Pointing and laughing at me in a custom of ripped jeans, bright pink boob tube, fluorescent paint striped over me, 80'style permed hair.

"He was adamant in having it up! He said it was his fav photo of you two" joining my said she smiled for the first time.

"I was wondering if you would help me with a dance?"

"A dance?"

"Yeah dan said your amazing and would you?"

"A dance? What type of dance?"

"A wedding dance for dan. With my mates"

"You mean you want to dance for dan?... sure" shrugging my shoulders

"You don't have too"

"It's fine.. we haven't got long to do it though that's the thing! How good are you and friends at dancing?"

"Good.. great in fact?..." arrogant reply

"Great... how many?"

"5 of us!"

"Okay well lets meet somewhere... umm think where is there a hall?"

"My parents Manor House we can use there hall!!"

"Great? Tomorrow? Sooner the better?"

"Great I'll tell girls!! 10ish?"

"Here's my contact card text me the address!" Shoving it in her hand as dans feet appeared on the stairs

"Baby.... Lucy... ready?" Plonking a kiss on sophia and high fives me before leaving together

***

"What were you two talking about?" Grinning

"I can't believe youve got that bloody old photo up of us... what was we 15? 16?"

"What it's a proud moment!"

"It was good day" rubbing hands together dan turned the heat up.

"So... excited for wedding?"

"Yeah of course! Nervous why would a beaut like soph want be with me?"

"Many reasons... remember our promise?"

Pulling into the car park dan never replied to me.

"Ready to run.. look at that rain... I'm sure you'll be worried about your mop of hair!!"

"Don't.. shut up" reaching across to slap him, too quickly jumped out car from her reach

"Hello" a young man greeted us

"Hi we have a table booked under name of dan"

"Yes follow me please" following through the entrance there say Bobby with his sort of ex girlfriend.... how can two brothers be at same restaurant and not both would be there.
Lucy had spotted them and ackwardky staring and pointing at them we carried on to the table.