Chapter 1 | A serial killer

I walked through the crowded hallway, trying to squeeze my way through.

It was the first day of school and I kept reminding myself to stop being here right when the bell goes but I never seem to listen. So now I get caught in this mess every morning. The perfect start to the year.

I dodged my way through the students to my class when I was suddenly pulled aside and swept into a classroom.

The door slammed behind me as I looked up to see a hooded figure.

I distanced myself. "What the hell?" I asked as I slowly backed away.

Can this be classified as kidnapping?

He reached out and pulled off his hoodie.

I was stunned to see Grayson Collins. His golden brown hair was slightly tousled as his blue eyes gazed at me. 

I've never actually talked to him before, so it was weird being less than two feet away from him.

He's a playboy and also dangerous. He messes with girls all the time and he doesn't seem to care.

"Don't do that" I spoke with a hint of anger. "You could've been a serial killer" I stated recovering from my stunned reaction.

He raised his brow amused. "At school? Next to a hallway filled with students? In a classroom with cameras?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "You just changed my whole opinion of Grayson Collins being dumb, guess what, you just upgraded"

He ignored my comment as he bit his lip in a serious matter. "I need your help"

He was dead serious.

I took the out a chair and sat down.

He now had a completely different emotion confronting him. His stance looked awkward as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand as he looked everywhere but me.

I just couldn't quite place finger on the emotion.

Then it came to me as I realised.

I burst out laughing. "Oh my god" I started. "Your nervous"

"Never have I ever seen the one and only Grayson Collins nervous" I stated amazed.

He glared at me. "And I thought Hazel Mae was a kind and innocent girl, I was wrong"

The fact that he even knew who I was amazed me.

I rolled my eyes at him "Why do you need my help?" I asked not knowing why he needed my help. He had everything, what else could he possibly want?

He put his hands in his pocket. "Do you run a service or something?" He asked rather embarrassed.

"Yeah" I replied slowly still confused. "The matchmaking service" I dragged on trying to put the pieces together.

"I-need-to-hire-you" he spoke at a fast pace.

"Come again?" I asked.

I heard clearly what he said but I couldn't believe him. He needed to hire me for a date or to win over a girl. I've always seen him with his flings but he's never kept a girl. So he'd want me to choose a girl for him.

"I, need, to, hire, you" he said slowly and loudly irritated.

"For you?" I asked slightly laughing. He could be asked for a friend or something.

Normally, I would accept my clients offer but I wanted to know why he wanted my help.

He ran his hand through his hair. "I'll explain later, here give me your phone" he held out his hand as I passed on my phone and he typed in his number.