Chapter 3 | Do you like cheese?

I sat down on the chair and made myself comfortable with my laptop open.

A few tables away sat Grayson looking uncomfortable as texted on his phone.

"Does he seriously need dating tips?" Bianca asked with her notepad in her hands.

Bianca is a waitress here and her mum is the owner of the cafe. I've known Bianca ever since I was in kindergarten and I've been friends with her ever since. She and her mum know about the dating service they always reserve these two tables for me.  The reason why I sit at this table is because I have a perfect view. I can see both of them clearly but the wedge with a pot plant slightly covers them so it doesn't look like I'm staring at them.

I may not be able to hear so I use a listening devices.

I laughed. "You won't believe just how much he needs it"

She nodded as she went back to the register. My phone lit up with a message from Aubree.

I'm here, the message read.

I got out of my seat and walked to the front of the cafe where Grayson was out of sight where I met Aubree.

"Thank you for doing this" I thanked her hugging her.

"You owe me" she stated crossing her arms over her chest.

I gave her a pointed look. "Excuse me your the one on the phone going, oh he's so hot" I recalled over every last phone call "and you told me if you had the chance you'd date him"

I gave her a stern look. "I just answered your prayers. So you owe me"

She gave me a cheeky smile. "Right"

I grabbed the listening devices from my pocket and handed it to her. Her eyes went wide at the device.  "Your gonna be listening in?"

"That was the whole point of the date. I need to hear where he needs improvements" I continued on.

She gave in as I hooked it around her ear and made it invisible to see.

Grayson's not wearing it as I need him to think no one's listening in so he can be himself. If he's wearing it he'll freak.

"Good luck" I smiled encouragingly.

I walked back to my seat and sat down as Aubree walked in a few minutes later.

She stood at the table as Grayson acknowledged her.

"Hi I'm Aubree" she smiled at him still standing there.

Grayson nodded his head at her. "I'm Grayson"

Aubree got the message as she sat down.

Grayson looked at her as he recognised her. "Do I know you?"

"I'm in your physics and psych class" she answered him.

"I knew I recognised you" he replied rather smug.

"So what brings you here?" He asked her although I'm pretty sure he already knows why.

She shrugged. "Just looking for the right guy for me, just can't seem to find one" she finished laughing.

"How about you? What brings Grayson Collins on a date?" She asked sincerely interested.

"The same as you. Just want a girl who'll like me for me" he finished.

The tension cut in as they both looked for questions. Always the case in these dating scenarios.

There's always those moments where it's just silence.

I thought that I should cut in as I knew how embarrassed they'd be. I pressed the button on my corresponding device. "Ask him what he's dreams are? Like does he want to travel" I spoke as I saw Aubree listen to my information.

She leant her elbows on the tables looking interested. "Do you have any dreams for your life? Like maybe travelling or working somewhere?"

Grayson took in the question and thought carefully. "I want to travel the world"

"Where to?" Aubree asked intrigued

He thought about it for a moment. "Greece, Paris and Italy" he answered.

"Italy hey?"

He nodded. "My grandparents are from there, you have any relatives there?"

"My parents were born there and then they came here" she explained.

The awkward tension cut back in. I hate watching these parts, it makes you just want to jump in and interrupt it. But I need to see what Grayson does in these types of situations.

He rubbed the back of his neck in a nervous matter.

His next question caught me off guard. It's probably the most stupidest question anyone's ever asked on a date.

"So, um, do you like cheese?" He asked.

××

"Do you like cheese!?" I asked giving him a crazy look.

He looked embarrassed as he laid down further into his seat. "I didn't know what to say"

After that awkward question they finished up their date and Aubree left.

Grayson sat in front of me as I tried giving him the positive things he did for the date yet his last question still left me stunned.

"Hang on, is that a reference from she's the man?" I asked slightly grinning.

"It worked though, the girl was interested" he tried reasoning himself.

I couldn't help but laugh. The Bad boy watched she's the man. Don't get me wrong it's a great movie but I can't imagine him watching it.

My laughing came to a stop as I thought for a moment. "Actually it got the nerdy girl, not the girl he wanted"

"You know I actually thought you were going alright at the whole dating thing, just remove the awkward moments and the cheese question" I stared at him in amusement and by the way he glared at me I knew he hated it.

"Can we please forget about the cheese thing?" He asked hopefully giving me a charming smile.

"Sure thing Cheese boy" I smiled at him trying not to laugh.

××

Sorry this took so long to write, I've been trying to plan out the book to see where it's going to go. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and enjoyed seeing Grayson's amazing dating skills. I had to reference to one of my favourite movies she's the man, an epic movie.

Will be updating soon, I promise.

- Ash.