Chapter 6 | Nerf wars it is

He ignored my comment and instead looked at the little boy holding onto my leg.

"Ryan you do realise your holding onto a complete stranger, and what did I tell you about strangers?" Grayson asked Ryan.

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave a pointed look to Grayson. I wasn't exactly a stranger.

Ryan gave out an annoyed huff and replied in a bored tone "Don't trust strangers unless you know them"

Grayson smiled proudly and I couldn't help but smile.

Ryan stepped out and looked directly at me holding out his hand, his nerf gun in the other. "Hi I'm Ryan"

I was slightly shocked at his manners as I shook his hand slowly. "I'm Hazel"

"Like the colour Hazel?" He asked with an innocent look.

I tilted my head to the side wanting to say something else but deciding against it. "Yeah like the colour Hazel" I replied unsurely.

"What's your favourite colour?"

I thought for a second. "Baby blue"

He had a look of accomplishment as he stepped back behind me and held onto my leg.

Grayson sighed. "Ryan-"

"What? I know her, her names Hazel, like the colour Hazel and her favourite colour is Blue" He gave Grayson an innocent look.

I let the whole baby blue thing go as I noticed the annoyed look that crossed Grayson's face.

"That's not exactly knowing her" He mumbled under his breath.

I laughed at the situation already liking Ryan.

A woman suddenly entered the room with a look of determination on her face. She looked utterly gorgeous with wavy blonde hair that ended at her collarbone and blue eyes. She was also holding a nerf gun and had two stripes on each side of her face in a war like manner.

"Mum-" Grayson groaned rubbing his face with his hand in embarrassment.

"Grayson! I didn't hear you arrive. And we have a guest. Hi I'm Anne" She introduced in an excited tone.

Her enthusiasm made me smile. "I'm Hazel-"

Ryan interrupted popping his head out. "Like the colour Hazel!"

"I'm Grayson's...-" I paused looking for the right word. I didn't exactly know what I was to Grayson.

"Girlfriend?" She asked with a hopeful smile.

"No" Grayson immediately denied.

"A friend?" She asked raising a brow.

He nodded.

"Hazel's a friend that's a girl, your girlfriend?" She asked with a mischievous grin. So that's where he got his playful side from.

Grayson looked slightly irritated.

I took this opportunity to my advantage. "I'm not Grayson's girlfriend but I'm helping him with his non existent dating ski-" I started but halted to a stop when a nerf gun bullet hit my stomach.

Grayson stood with a nerf gun in his hand aimed directly at me with a smirk on his face. "Oops" He spoke with a not so sympathetic tone.

That little shit head.

I gave Grayson a devil smile.

I held my hand out next to me. "Ryan"

Ryan mirrored my smile and handed me his nerf gun.