Chapter 4 | Quick my ass

"Oh come on he's not that bad at dating" I argued back Aubree giving me a pointed look. It was a lunch time as we sat in our normal spot just above the oval where a big tree sits. We love sitting here because of the shade the tree offers during the summertime. And it's also a cool hang out area.

She gave me a pointed look. "If it wasn't for his good looks I would've ran out immediately"

I sat down next to Trent as I looked at what he was eating. "Seriously what's with you and egg rolls" I recalled the lunch that Trent keeps eating.

A few words to describe Trent is loud and outgoing. He loves to talk and is the positive guy in our group. Whenever your down he's your go to guy. It's especially helpful when there's an awkward situation as he'll just jump in.

In the middle of a mouthful he spoke. "It taste good" I managed to hear as I gave him a disgusted look. He smiled, putting all of the food in his mouth on display, I gave him a small playful glare as I knew he was doing it on purpose 

Spencer sat done in front of me looking quite stressed.

"What is it?" Aubree asked her knowing there's something on her mind.

Spencer is a perfectionist. She needs everything to be perfect and tries her hardest to be perfect. She takes on almost every committee at high school and on top of that does cheerleading. Most people hate people like Spencer because apparently they complain too much yet and are obsessive freaks, but I love hanging around Spencer. She may be annoying at times but then you get to know the real her.

"The formal is gonna be a disaster. The dj just butted out as he had something else to do. Like what's more important than our formal? A formal without music is a disaster and a formal is the the most important day for all highschool students, it's all ruined now" she bursted out as her sadness overwhelmed her.

Spencer had been working so hard on this formal, it was her life mission at the moment.

"I'm sure everything will work out" Trent told her rubbing her back with his hand in a comforting way.

This didn't make anything better for Spencer.

My line of sight spotted Matt as he sat down next to Spencer with a charming smile. 

I immediately looked down as I finished my lunch.

Matt is perfect. That's just it, he's just perfect. He's kind, caring and funny and it's hard to spot his negative assets. When we broke up I didn't know what to feel other than a pang of guilt. He didn't do anything wrong and I just broke up with him. Matt may seem perfect but his family is the opposite. His father is a drug addict and abused his mom. I was always there for him in those times. Their father left them so his mother started getting drunk on daily basis as Matt took care of his little brother. 

"Doesn't your uncle know someone?" I asked Aubree.

She nodded. "Yeah, my uncle knows this apparently famous DJ and he kinda owes us a favour, I'm sure he'd do it"

Spencer sighed in relief and gave her a huge smile. "Thank you so much, your a life saver!" She crashed Aubree with a hug.

The bell rang as Trent and Spencer stood up and left. All that was left was Aubree. "See you after school" she said to me.

I nodded as the dread started to fill me. It's just Matt and I. We've never actually been alone together since the break up, I've been avoiding him. I didn't know what to say to him.

I stood up brushing my legs as I made my way to leave yet his voice stopped me.

"Wait Hazel" his voice was urgent.