Chapter 2 | Hitting on my mum

I walked through the parking lot as students piled out of the gates eager to leave.

"Hey what's up with you and Grayson?" Mason asked tossing the ball to himself.

I frowned. "Nothing. Why?"

Mason and Grayson are really good friends, having met each other at the start of high school. Grayson's the captain of the rugby team and Masons the co-captain.

"Ryan saw you two before school" he explained.

I shrugged it off "Might have been me. Hey are you and Samantha back together?" I asked.

He gave me a smile and laughed. "Very subtle, changing the subject are we?"

I grinned at him. "I learnt from the best"

"So you and Grayson now?" He asked again trying to fuel me.

He was trying to get on my nerves.

"So you and Samantha now?" I asked.

He caught me off guard as he threw the football at me.

I surprisingly caught it.

He backed away knowing what's coming.

"Ooh you're gonna regret" I smiled mischievously as I threw the football at him hard aiming at his face.

I got it from my dad. We used to always play rugby as a family. That's where Mason got his skills from. I didn't bother playing it as a sport so I started cheerleading.

He just caught it as it nearly missed his face. "Seriously? Why did you get the strong gene?" He asked running after me.

Truth is I have no arm muscles, literally my arm is a chicken wing. Yet when I play rugby it's like everything falls into place and I can actually throw with power.

I ran away laughing yet it wasn't long before he caught me.

"And you got the running gene" I yelled out as he held me tightly.

He ruffled my hair as I squirmed and yelled at him to stop.

"Grayson?" I heard mason ask.

I looked up confused. Grayson? When did he come into the situation?

Grayson stood in front of Masons car with his shades on.

I stepped away from Mason and fixed my hair.

It had totally slipped my mind. "Mason" I turned to him giving him a pleading smile. "Would you mind giving Grayson a ride home?" I asked.

He walked towards the car looking extremely confused. "Of course, but can I ask why?"

Grayson jumped in. "She's tutoring me"

Mason looked at me up and down still not convinced with a confused glance. "She doesn't even have a brain" he told Grayson.

I shoved his shoulder. "Ha ha ha, at least mines bigger than yours"

I walked to the front. "I bags driving"

Mason was about to speak but Grayson jumped in. "I bags front"

We both opened the door on either side as Mason shook his head at both of us. "My own car and I have to sit at the back?"

He then looked up at the sky. "What has the world come to?"

××

I unlocked the front door as we stepped into our house.

Mum walked to the door seeing who's at the door. 

"Grayson, what a pleasant surprise" Mum smiled warmly at Grayson.