2016 Election

I was gonna talk about this earlier but I didn't have time. So as we all know Donald Trump won the Election and is now our new president. Now I personally wanted Hillary Clinton to win and was disappointed when she didn't. But I'm over it. What I really want to talk about is all the stupid stuff that's been happening here in America. Between all the protests and the harassment of all the people who basically aren't straight while men.

The protests I understand. AFTER A DAY OR TWO. A FOUR DAY protest is a little unnecessary. I mean we can't do anything about it now. He has been elected and that's that. I know that a lot of people are upset about this but walking around with sign aren't going to do anything.

The harassment is just horrible. Muslims being told to take off their hijabs (sorry if I spelled it wrong I mean no offense. Respect to you all). Mexicans being told that they are going to be deported. Women being harassed for their gender. African Americans being told they need to go back to Africa. The LGBT community all because they like a different gender...(that's a whole different rant) Really people....really.....we have come so far and we are undoing everything bc of one man. A man who has put these ideas into young people's head. And its not just him. Its parents and grandparents. Its people who don't want change. Its people who don't believe in the equality for all no matter gender, race, religion, or belief.

I hate how America has let one person become the breaking point for us all. I hate how ever since the beginning America talks about freedom and equality but that's all it does. Its all just talk. We claim to be the greatest country but maybe we should look around and take notes from other countries *cough Canada cough*. Come on America. We need to slow down and realize what we are doing. We need to assess the nation as a whole and work through all out problems.

It starts with us. This generation. (I think they called us Generation X.) They say we are selfish but when you go to school and most of your conversations are about politics and how society acts I believe we are far from selfish. We are realizing what is happening around us 'm taking note of it so we can do better.