Three

Olivia POV
When I woke up the next morning, I was so happy. It was Monday so that meant I had to spend a majority of my day in school. I don't even like school but it beat being around either of my parents right now. I knew my dad was pissed at my mom and my mom was pissed at me so school was probably the best place for me right now.

I went through my daily routine, taking an hour to get ready. When I was finished, I debated if I should go downstairs or not because both of my parents would probably be down there. I wanted my phone back so I went down there and saw them in the kitchen with Luca.

"Who's taking me to school?" I asked as I set my backpack on the counter and grabbed an apple out of one of the bowls.

"Both of us. If you want to stop for-"

"I don't," I cut my mom off. I'm still mad she took my phone and I really want it back. I'm not trying to be rude to her but she really doesn't have any right to try to tell me what to do when she's been ditching her responsibilities as a parent.

"Then go get in the car," she demanded. Dad shot her a look but didn't say anything. Luca was too busy falling asleep in his chair to say something random like he normally does. I snatched my Betsey Johnson backpack off of the counter and stomped off to the car. They didn't even tell me which one we were riding in so I just got into dad's car. I don't know why dad didn't defend me. He knows I was right.

It was a silent ride to school. When we got there, mom made Luca put his Beats on before turning around to face me.

"Last night was out of hand. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that and I understand where you're coming from, but I am your mother, Olivia. You do not speak to me like that at all, okay? I don't care how pissed you are. You're eleven years old," mom explained as I nodded. That was the closest thing to an apology that I was going to get.

"Can I have my phone back now?"

She sighed but ultimately gave it to me so I got out of the car before she could change her mind. I don't really care what she said because I still don't think she can tell me what to do as long as she's ditching us for her boyfriend. She's clingy and stuff but she's still my mom and I miss her. Too bad she doesn't like to listen to anything except the sound of her own voice.

Demi POV
After dropping Luca off at daycare, Wilmer drove us back to his house because my car was there. But he didn't let me leave right away. He wanted to talk first.

"Listen, we're not together anymore. You're single. You got a new boyfriend and you feel like you deserve some time to yourself. I get it. But you can't just ditch our children and leave them with a nanny," Wilmer said as I rolled my eyes. I didn't need him scolding me like I was his child.

"Wilmer I-"

"Demi, please. I kind of don't wanna hear it. If you don't want to spend the weekend with them, fine, I can't force you. But can you at least send them over here?" Wilmer pleaded. I pursed my lips but nodded anyway. I really didn't think that what I was doing was that bad but I understood where he was coming from.

On Friday, instead of going to Luke's house as soon as the kids got out of school, I decided to stay home and cook dinner for them. I even invited Wilmer over. After dinner, Wilmer was gonna take them for the weekend but we would all be together tomorrow because of Livy's dance competition.

"Mom, you're still coming to my competition tomorrow, right? Because this is my first solo of the season and-"

"Yes Livy, I'll definitely be there," I said with a light chuckle as I began to put away some food for Luke. I had made Rice Krispie treats as well because Wilmer and the kids loved them, hopefully Luke would as well.