Chapter 14

*Ella*

I sat in bed all night. Pain. Pain is all I could feel. Just blinking hurt alone.

I could hear Josh fiddling in his room. Almost like he was breaking things instead of actually fiddling.
It was 2:33am and I've been awake since then.

I wiped away numerous tears that escaped, tightening the blanket over me as I faced the window and watched the stars tinkle.

This couldn't be my life. Endless sex. This isn't me. I didn't escape the streets to end up here.

I removed the blanket off me and got off the bed. In a white baggy shirt and bare legs, I walked over towards the couch near the bed.
I looked down at the piece of paper that positioned on the couch.

I bit my bottom lip and thought about grabbing it for a second before actually grabbing it.
I flipped the paper open and read it.

Dear, The one I caused pain to.

You may remember me, well it didn't happen long ago.
I want to begin with an apology. The scars we caused have marked and I noticed that night at the restaurant.
Ever since that day, I've felt lost.
I left a few bucks near you when you had gone unconscious, I do hope it was worth it.

Though this is the real reason why I'm writing this..

The other man who was there, Greg. Greg Dashiki.
I've cut contact with him, I've completely left him after that night...but there's something else you must know-

My bedroom door swung open and I turned right around, holding the piece of paper behind my back.

Josh stood there, shirtless with cargo navy jeans. In his left hand was a bottle of whiskey and his right hand was a half full cup.

Gulping, I watched him make his way in and slamming the door shut.
His eyes never leaving mine, the same serious face he always had on.

He stopped in front of me, toe to toe.
I looked up at him through my lashes as he looked down at me.
With the cup of whiskey still in his hands, he ran his fingers along the side of my face.
"I can't seem to get enough of you" he whispered with the breath of alcohol passing me.
"What is it?" he added, frowning as he continued to run his fingers around my face.

As his fingers reached my neck, I titled my head back and granted him access. If anything, refusing him meant torture in the basement and I didn't want that.

I studied this man, I now know what drives him rage and what might just keep him calm and himself.

He took the rest of the cup down his throat in one gulp and placed the cup beside him on the table by the couch.
He raised his hand once more and wrapped his fingers around my throat. Holding the bottle of whiskey up, he slowly began to tip it onto my chest.
With my head titled back, the cold whiskey dripped past my throat and down my chest. The scent was strong and refreshing.

Once Josh was satisfied, he put the bottle down and pulled me roughly closer towards him. I gasped by pressure as our bodies touched lightly. He grabbed my hair and pulled my head back, aggressively.
I placed my hands on his chest to maintain my balance and he lowered his head.
Running his tongue around my throat, I shut my eyes.