Josh's Private Chapter One

*Josh*

I sat on the torn apart couch as mum sat on the ground. She watched me eat, making sure I ate it all. It was disgusting, I'm tired of canned beans and broccoli.
"Mum-"

"Eat, son" She whispered, playing around with her vegetables that must've been out for weeks.

"Why can't we eat proper food like everyone else!" I groaned.

"Josh-"

"No!" I gasped, throwing my food onto the floor. "Why does Henry our neighbour get to have a different meal everyday. Why do we eat beans every damn day!"

"Son-"

"I'm tired mum"

My mother gulped back tears, placing her plate beside her before standing. "Josh, I'm tired to"

"So why are we like this?"

"Your father..." she sighed "I'm sorry. I always wanted better for you, I did"

"Mum, the marks hurt" I said, pointing at the bruises on my arms.

"Mine too" she whispered, rubbing my arm softly. "I tried to protect you, I always try"

"I'm sorry" I felt a tear escape my eyes.

"Me too son, me too"

"Let's run away"

"We can't baby"

"Us two. We could travel the world, we can see the tower in Paris, the temples in China, the food in India, lets see the world" I panted.

"Josh" My mother grabbed my hand "If we get out of this, what ever miracle comes. Promise me one thing"

"Anything mother"

"You'll become a successful guy, you'll never, ever let anyone bring you down, you'll have a wide eye on any evil. Most importantly, you will not allow anyone to harm the ones you love"

I nodded "I promise" I whispered.

We heard the door unlock and the door slowly opened. "Quick" my mother whispered "Go upstairs and get in bed"

"Mum-"

"Now!" she pushed me.

I grabbed my bear and left everything behind as I rushed up the staircase. The floor creaked and I didn't stop. I entered my room and slammed the door shut before jumping into bed and covering myself with my blanket.

I tried to catch my breath as I panted under the blanket, my eyes wide open and my ears wider.

"No!" my mothers screams echoed.

The hearing of the leather forced through the thick air, onto her pale, unknown marked skin.
"David!" my mother yelled.

I tried to cover my ears, I twitched and tensed my entire body, trying to forget what was happening.

"Please!" my mothers screams would continue.

My skin would change to a bright red, anger yet fear. The bruises on my skin would ache to the thought and memory of how they come to occur.

"David leave him alone!"

I heard my mother fight with everything she had. Her cries and screams, forcing their way into my ears and remaining in.

My door was kicked open. I began to shake, using my hands to hold the blanket down over me tightly. I panted and tried so hard to think of something else, even though the devil was here.