Chapter 37

*Josh*

I buttoned my suit jacket and grabbed my cup of whiskey as I made my way downstairs.
I watched Nicolas kiss Emily by the entrance door and Emily slightly whisper 'be careful, bring her home'.

I gave my empty cup to one of my guards and made my way out and into the car as Nicolas came to sit beside me.

"So it's going to work?"

"Either way, she comes home" I said as my driver sped off.

"Information?"

"I don't know yet, I didn't check my laptop"

"Why?"

I leaned onto the door and looked out the window. "Tonight"

"Fair enough" Nicolas knew I was getting annoyed and so he stopped asking so much.

Once we arrived at the hall, I walked in quickly with Nicolas and my guards behind me.
As we walked in, many eyes caught us as my eyes scanned for Fernando.

Minutes and minutes passed, drink after drink, I waited.
When photographers went wild outside, I knew they had arrived.
I gawked at the entrance door, gulping another cup of alcohol.

My body released heat waves of anger.

Fernando walked in with his hand intertwined with Ella's.

Ella.

She was in a red dress. Red. Her hair was curled all over, from the tips to the end. Even red heels she wore. Red lipstick too.

Red.

Ella.

I took down an entire cup of alcohol and tossed my cup aside.

Fernando greeted everyone with Ella by his side. Photographers captured them and Ella hid slowly, like a turtle into Fernando which he took as an advantage.

Once Fernando finished greeting everyone and walked over to me, I poured myself another cup.

"Josh" Fernando nodded.

"Fernando" I nodded back, "Ella" I took a sip from my cup.

She gulped and looked away.

"Interesting idea to throw a ball room party" Fernando smirked.

I kept my eyes on Ella as she remained looking away, knowing my eyes were on her. "Yeah" I quietly said.

Ruby walked in through the door. I sighed and Fernando noticed, turning to face Ruby.
"Ruby" Fernando waved.

Ella turned to see Ruby and turned back to face me with dirt on her face.
She gripped Fernando's hands and pulled him in. "Dance?" she whispered by his ear.

"Would be my pleasure" Fernando walked over to the dance floor as slow music played.

I grabbed Ruby and she frowned as I led her to her dance floor. I wrapped a hand around her waist and held her other hand. I watched Ella as Ella watched me.

We moved around as our eyes never left each other, the song almost coming to an end. As soon as Ella placed her head onto Fernando's chest, I let go of Ruby and walked over to them. I grabbed Ella by the hand and she shoved me.
"Dance with me" I sarcastically added.

"No" she shoved me once more, walking into Fernando.

"I said dance with me" Fernando and Ruby watched silently.

I grabbed Ella's hand aggressively and dragged her behind me to the dance floor. I placed a hand around her waist and grabbed her other hand, she danced forcefully as she looked around, not wanting to look at me. I pushed her in towards me until our chest met.
Beside us Ruby and Fernando danced but their eyes didn't leave us.