Chapter 16

*Josh*

Dream starts:

I shut my eyes ready to sleep as mum read me my favourite book. I was 10-years-old okay. Though I still loved her voice to be the one I sleep to.

Ironically, as I shut my eyes and felt the warmth of the fluffy blanket against my skin, my mothers voice goes dark before silent.
I open my eyes and she frowns.

"Josh" she whispers, standing up. "Get under the bed, quick"

"What-"

"Quick!"

I wiggle out of bed and fall to the ground to crawl under my bed.
My mother bends down, kisses my hands numerous times and whispers "Don't come out? Okay?"

I nod.

"I love you"

My bedroom door thunders open, my mother screams.

Four to six legs walk around my room.

"Ahhhhh!" my mother yelled before collapsing to the ground.
She hit the ground and her eyes set at me. Her eyes blurred as tears rained down her cheeks.
"I love you" she mouthed.

I watched someone pick her up of the ground and force her up.
"Your husband owes us and he failed" a deep husky voice echoed.

I heard my mother yell and fight.

Until her body hit the ground and her eyes faced me once more. This time, soulless.

Blood ran past her lips and her eyes remained wide open.

The men left the room, slamming the door shut.

First it was my alcoholic freak of a father, now my mother.

"Mum" I whispered, reaching out to her. "Mum!"

Dream ends.

I woke up to my own scream, a scream for my mother.
My body soaking of sweat. I calmed myself, breathing slowly.

The same dream, always.

My mothers death. Even when I just shut my eyes, I see her there and hear her voice.

People wondered why I never sleep. This was why.
People wondered why I hurt woman. Because I was always angry at the world and wanted to kill society ever since her death. I was always angry that hurting people, hurting women, torturing men...eased it. Eased my anger.

I sighed, looking around. I noticed Ella not around. I removed the blanket that somehow got onto me and walked over towards the chair, dressing.
Looking over at the time, it was 11pm.

How long was I out for?

I scanned the room and Ella wasn't here. I picked up my phone and dialled my guard.
"Are you following her...why...fucking useless...scan the area...I don't care...find her...or lose your life"
I ended the call.