Something Red (editing)

I breathed deeply and spat out random italian curses as the plane landed somewhere in America. Living in London for five years meant I knew english well, but there was still a hint of my italian accent whenever I spoke.

All the passengers were directed calmy off the finally docked plane and I held back tears once again as I watched families depart together. It was too lonley to watch...

I was alone...

Only 17, sent far away from the only parent I have... Now straight into the hands of stranger that I don't even know, what do they expect of me? A miracle sounds about right... I mean, I'm practically strandes in some place I don't know my way around, and expexted to be perfectly fine with it, Yet I don't  that's how this is going to work...

People gave me strange looks as I walked off the plane to collect my luggage from the turny thingy, as I had called it when I was younger. Sadly I still didn't actually know the proper name for it.

Looking like I was 12 was... Not helpful, to say in the least, when really I'm 17 and seem a lot more mature than even that. But I can't really help my childish appearances, It does help in some aspects too afterall...

I grabbed by neon blue duffel bag as is went past and turned away from the packed unloading area.

What now?

I grabbed the letter out of my pocket, it was adressed to me, I'd gotten it some time before I left, now I reread it in hope of finding something to help me dind my way.

Dear Lyason saronia,
We know you must be afraid, and it's a big risk you are taking by coming to us.
We are very grateful that you have decided to trust us and accept our offer.
Your plane ticket is attached, and there will be someone to meet you in the airport when you arrive.
Be carefull,
Sincerely,
Darius s. Jacobs.

I frowned and then jumped startled when I had noticed that someone had come to stand infront of me.

I looked up at the man who cautiously looked over me.

He smiled kindly and suddenly bowed, black hair covering his equally black eye's momentarely.

"Mr. Saronia, I'm Tarin, but you may call me Tarry, I'm here to bring you to Darius"

I let out a short sigh of relief, thank god, I was afraid that I'd be left to  here, looking like a lost puppy that could have been picked up or attacked by anyone!

At least he felt safe to me, and I couldn't feel any danger radiating from him, which gave me a sense of finality, I could leave with him and trust o not be harmed.

I nodded, at last... I can get away from the public's eye, I'd had enough of being stared at, It was frightening me more than enough and I just wanted to leave already.

He lead me away and after the tight security checks, we finally got outside. It was already getting dark now and I shivered at the slight breeze, only wearing a tshirt, this was one of those moments I guess where I should have listened to mum huffing about wearing jackets all the time.

The man who'd introduced himself as Tarinled the way to a sleek black porsche and I was sure my jaw hit the ground... There was no god damn way...

I didn't really say or show it with my smirl girly frame and feminine appearance, but I... May have a thing for cars, especially porsches and Lamborghini's. Oh god, they were just so perfect...

Tarry chuckled and took my luggage from me, placing it carefully in the back before helping a very dumbfounded me into the pure black car like a precious little jewel.

I practically sunk into the leather seats, I never dreamed I'd get to sit in one of these.

Tarin smiled over to me and put the keys in the ignition. My trust in him doubled from the first inpression, and I definatly considered him as a possible friend, if not someone I'd at leaat be harrassing constantly for friendly attention.

"Does she purr like she looks like she does?" I shyly asked, looking at him from under my lashes.

"Better than" He smirked.

He drove away from the airport smoothly, taking the freeway away from the city.

"You can sleep if you want, it's going to be a long ride, Darius will be waiting for us. And also, this is my main baby, but I'm sure if you love this car you will love Darius's better, he's got a brand new Lamborghini, hot red too, oh she's a sexy one" I looked at him with wide eyes, do these people all have freaking amazing, not to mention, extremely expensive cars?

He chuckled again, as if guessing my thoughts, and just patted my knee in a quick, friendly way.

I turned and looked out the tinted window at my side, the sun was setting, causing everything to be bathed in a sort of pretty orange and pink tinge. Sunsets were so beautiful.

I love sunrises too of se, the sky has all different colours and you could see a faded, baby coloured rainbow close to the earth, How much better could nature get...

However, Finally getting to relax again brought about a fresh threatening wave of tears.

God I hope mum's okay, I would never be the same if anything happened to her, like anyone else would if their mothers got...

I blanked myself.

Mum can take care of herself, she will be fine.

She has to be fine

I felt my eyes slowly droop, I didn't sleep on the plane flight, now sleep was taking over, exhausted, and at last I let it wash over me.

I didn't wake up when I was carried from the car.

My shoes, socks, shirt and pants were taken off by large, warm and extremely gentle hands that I was aware of even in my dreams, and I was placed in a soft bed, mutters leaving my mouth and fluffy blankets pulled over me.

"Mamma, stare... al sicuro... stay...sa...fe.."