Chapter 4 - The Shifters

"Stay inside. No one leave under any circumstances." Evan ordered.

The mood in the house had gotten intensely serious after Alister's vision. She knew, and she would be coming.

Night had fallen and if it was possible, the night seemed darker than usual. There were no clouds in the sky, but not any stars either. The moon was a hollow white and gave off almost no light.

When the wind picked up to the point where the trees were bending at horrific angles, everyone started to prepare what they had to, just like they were used to doing whenever she posed a threat.

Alister filled his pockets with small bottles of various potions and elixirs in case they were needed. Alix dressed in enough black to the point where if he ran, he would be practically invisible to human eyes.

Everyone else didn't have much prep work except to be prepared to run, or fight her if you absolutely had to. They all knew not to if they could avoid it, at risk of her taking their energy or worse, their power entirely, from them.

Darkrai Von Demont was called The Possessor. She had the ability to take other people's power, hence why she was such a problem and had so many of her own abilities. And she wanted them. The last ones of their types left.

As they all waited uneasily for something to happen, it was almost a bit of a relief when the lights went out and the wait was over.

The wind blew again and the house shook, driving the five of them outside.

They were met by nothing at first until a crow landed in front of them. It cawed once before changing into a man.

"Hello, Frames. How has your evening been? Hopefully exciting now that I'm here." He smiled.

"Shut up Nyx." Manny spat.
"Why are you here and not your master?"

"Because we have been sent to add a little excitement to your life."

Two men and two women walked out from the trees, all with the same cold white hair and piercing red eyes.

"Time for five shifters to run you kitty cats all up a tree."

They all shifted into five empty black wolves with the same red eyes that growled at all of them.

"RUN!" Alix screamed, causing them all to break apart and run for their lives into the trees, hoping they'd find each other along the way.