19. true struggles before prom

Tomorrow is the prom. And I am not going to be alone. Yea, I finally accepted to go with Scott after he dramatically asked me out again after getting rejected twice and this time in front of the whole senior year during lunch.

Standing on a table...

I know. Gag me.

But I thought it was kinda sweet though. And yes, I was blushing like crazy and definitely couldn't turn him down this time.

I will be wearing a light pink gown with a matching tiara and decided to tie my hair into a loose bun.

Pink cuz it suites my hair. The gown hugged my almost non existent figure and made me look older. I refuse to be more than fourteen but life doesn't listen to me.

And really Jamie? A freaking tiara? What are you? A Disney princess?

Hey! In my defence, it's a girl thing. Mal and I decided to put tiaras. Of course the small thin ones. The one which you don't even notice unless you scrutinise the gaze.

We are watching friends re run and I am laughing my ass out. Mal is wearing blue tomorrow and Blake got a matching tie. They make a cute couple.

And gag worthy.

My phone pinged and I immediately blushed looking at it.

Scott: watcha doing love?

Jamie: watching TV. Sup with you?

S: thinking about you....💜

Jee...cheesy much. I am already gaining weight. I dint need more cheese. Even though this is honestly grossing me out I have to admit it is very cute.

And this is the first time a guy is sweet talking me soo...I don't know.

J: jee...cut down some cheese won't you?

S: anything for you babe.😉

J: now shoo... night Scott. I need my beauty sleep.

S: and make me crazier than I already am?

J: GOOD NIGHT.

S: I will dream about you then. I promise it's not something dirty. Sleep well princess.

Wow. I am stuck between gagging and blushing.

"You look very weird when you blush." Mal stated and I blushed harder.

"Ask Scott to stop stalking you." Blake glared at my phone and I scowled.

"He is sweet Blake. Dont be mean."

"He is just using you Jam. Trust me. I know guys like him."

"Not everyone is the same Blake . " I answered scowling.

"And by the way, congratulations." Mal said for me to frown.

"Why?" Blake and me asked in unison.

"For finally hitting puberty." She laughed at her own joke.

Ha ha.

-----------------

Next day I woke up with a smile like always. S.a.r.c.a.s.m

S: rise and shine sunshine! ;**

I smiled after seeing that but I still felt weird. I mean I am new to all the sweet talk, so don't blame me.

I freshened up and went to the dining table with a smile.

Everyone looked at me like I grew two heads only for me to roll my eyes.

What? Cant a girl smile in the morning.

Yea. But not Jamie. She never smiles in the mornings.

Chase and Nat were at the table surprising me and they seemed equally shocked.

"There is something weird on your face. It just doesn't feel right." Chase said making me check myself in the mirror beside.

I frowned. Everything is fine. Is it the dark circles? Bleh. I don't care.

"Oh! It's the smile. That is why it looks out of place." He said successfully making me scowl.

"Shut up Chase." Mal grumbled.

"Why are you all smiley?" Blake asked suspiciously.

"Umm..nothing? Scott texted me a good morning sooo...I kinda thought it's sweet." I said and Chase made gagging noises while Blake glared at me.

Trevor just shook his head and went back to munching his breakfast. Mal and Nat looked extremely disappointed. What? Did they expect me to say I met my fairy godmother?

Well..that ain't bad either.

We had breakfast and God knows what the boys did. We girls were busy talking precautions of how to be elegant tonight. And blah blah.

We saw a few prom videos and pictures and honestly, practised some moves. I know, the books usually don't tell you the struggles. They just jump into getting dolled up and standing in front of their date.

But remember? Your life ain't cliche novel Jamie. So just PRACTISE.

After being satisfied with a few moves and watching a few 'how to make an elegant hair do' videos, we were satisfied with the results.

Ness and Nate also came home and if you haven't guessed all of us are getting ready at my place.

Ness and mom gave us the lecture of how we need to enjoy and relish our small moments. How we might end up getting married to our date and ish.

I dint have to hear that.

And now after a LOT of effort of looking presentable, here we stand all dolled up waiting for our mums to let us go so that we can go and shine outside this room.

Mal's mom aunt Angie was on Skype and she will be coming here tomorrow for all the juicy details. I know. All our moms are weird in a way or two.

After clicking many girl photos mom's finally decided to show us off to the world.

And here we go, down the stairs like Cinderella descending before joining the prince all dolled up and nervous yet confident.

Don't know if that made sense. But bleh.

I was nervous. What if I mess up? Make a fool out of myself? Calm down Jamie. He is just a human being. He makes mistakes too.

Yes, but he is an incredibly gorgeous human being with a hot bod and electric blue mischievous eyes and caramel perfect stupid hair. And captivating charm.

And you are plain idiot.

And we finally get down one by one and my breath hitched looking at a certain someone.

Whay if the certain someone is Trevor out of no where? Muahahahaahhaa..

I am being Satan.

Cope up

Comment.

-keep reading-
-notme16