32. cute

Two hands wrapped around and held me firmly to a chest. Sweet nothings were whispered to my ear. I was having a panic attack but I didn't go on a crying spree.

I was just shaking. Shaken by the sudden memory. I did not really think it would affect me after all these years. But it's by fault I thought I could do it.

Everything got numb while I was shaking with horror. It was Blake holding me,rubbing my arms and hugging me tight.

"Jam, it's okay. I am with you honey. You are not alone. Nothing happened. And if it did, I would have held you. Okay?" Blake was whispering.

I regained my senses after a while and hugged him back tight. I was still shaken but feeling better. Everyone stood with concerned expressions.

Chase and Blakey were saying how they dint know it would effect me after long time while Mal and Nat hugged me.

Trev , Josh,and Scott stood clueless. Trev doesn't know about the incident. It happened when we were very small. I haven't met Trevor then.

It was in summer before eighth grade. We went paragliding in cali while visiting Mrs Williams (Nat's gram). Since we were under-aged, the man allowed us to go with our parents. We were very happy about it. I went along with dad holding tightly to him.

The breeze hit my face making me giggle and dad was laughing at my stupor.

"Veeeeeeee...daddy! I'm a bird!" I exclaimed like a kid.

Dad laughed and we were having fun. Until, we were half way through. My clutch started loosening up and we didn't realise.

I was too busy dancing in the air and laughing to notice my clutch leaving me.

"Jam, don't move that much honey. Stay still and enjoy the view."

"Naw! There's no fun" I pouted and started screaming to the air. I could see Blake and mom in the other direction.

"Mom! Blakey! I am a biiiiird!" I yelled laughing.

"I am a flying DINOSAUR! Raaawr!" Blake yelled back making us laugh.

And then I suddenly slipped.

"Jamie!" Was all I heard before panicking.

I could see the trees and bushes beneath and I knew I was gonna fall on them. I was falling with the speed where I couldn't even see properly.

This is when I realised I was gonna die. "Daddy!" I gave out a pained cry and all I saw was black.

I woke up after some time with severe body aches. Everyone around were sitting concerned and dad looked like he was about to cry.

I fell on the rescue trampoline. Even though nothing happened to me physically. I was very much affected mentally.

I could never take heights easily since then. Whenever I do, the bushes and trees from that day appear and my dad's panicked face flashes in front of my eyes. So I could never do it.

Signing I smiled at everyone and tried getting up.

"Guys! I am fine now, let's see who won the game." I said smiling and getting up holding Nat this time.

"What are you even talking about? Isn't it obvious? WE won!" Nat screamed laughing.

"We took BOTH your territories" Scott added now smiling at me.

Now my Blakey boy golden brother decided I need to rest so we are back to watching movie having popcorn in hand.

"Hey, you okay?" Scott asked once everyone were busy searching DVDs and making popcorn and setting up the couch.

"Yea." I gave him a small smile.

He hugged me making my eyes go wide and it took me a while to return the favour.

"I know it's a panic attack. But it's not natural. I realised it's inflicted from Chase and Blake's conversation. I don't know what happened to you back then, but I will never let anything happen to you around me." He said hugging me tightly making me feel warm inside.

"Thanks" was all I could muster before Chase came with biiig bowl of popcorn and placed it between us pushing Scott casually away from me.

"Cheese or tomato?" He asked referring to the flavour.

Hard.

"Anything " i mumbled, missing the warmth. So I went and sat on the couch cuddling with the pillow and waiting for the movie to start.

Chase sat next to me and put an arm around my shoulder smirking. I just rolled my eyes at his stupidity and leaned in to place my head on his chest.

He was rubbing my arm as if to soothen me. He wanted to say something but looked like he was stopping himself.

"Chase, I'm fine." I said knowing why he was being like this. Chase is still bothered about me and that makes me smile.

Not an asshole after all.

He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"It's just that.., I was there, and I totally forgot about your fear for a while. I did not think it would effect you. That's all." He said guiltily blaming himself.

Bullshit! He can't be blamed.

I snuggled more into him and said" it's not your fault Chase. Don't blame yourself." And then, I couldn't help but kiss his cheek.

He was so adorably pouting, deep in though and worrying about me. I just couldn't help it. The kiss made his eyes go wide for a second and then he covered it with his smirk.

I rolled my eyes yet again at his antics and waited for the movie to begin.

What do you guys think about JASE? Comment and lemme know. Vote so that I know you are liking it. If not, do tell me how else you like it. If you think it's hopeless, then bleh! It's your opinion.XD

SMILE

VOTE

FOLLOW

-keep reading-
-notme16