Day four

Ariel was sat at the back of a room filled with children playing an array of different instruments. Erica was stood at the front of the room instructing the children on how to play. In the morning Erica had told Ariel that she usually taught a music class for children and had asked if she wanted to go with her. Of course she said yes, and they had been at the community complex since noon. It was now just a little past four.

She felt sudden pressure on her stomach and recognised it as the feeling of needing to urinate. Human bodily functions were all still quite new to her, but she was going to have to become accustomed to them if she planned on being one permanently.

Using the directions given to her by Erica, Ariel made her way to where the toilets were situated in the community complex. Today she hadn't faced many problems when walking but was extremely careful when going up and down stairs. She soon reached the toilets and did her business before washing her hands and leaving. She was cautious of the hand-driers so she just rubbed her hands across the black leggings she was wearing to remove any moisture.

On the way back to the music room Ariel spotted a single dancer preforming a routine in one of the rooms on the floor below. He moved with grace and precision at such a fast speed that it held her under a trance.

After watching him preform the same routine several times Ariel knew it off by heart and started to do it herself. She was so lost in the music that she didn't notice his green orbs watching her curiously. When she had finished the routine the dancer slowly applauded, making his way over towards her. "You know," He began, leaning against the door-frame. "with moves like that you could dance for the academy," Ariel blushed in response. Although she couldn't walk or run that well she enjoyed dancing. The beauty of it distracted her from the pain of standing on her feet. "Where did you learn to dance so well? I've been learning that routine for weeks and you've perfected it over the course of a few minutes." She shrugged, causing a broad smile to make its way onto his attractive features. "Ah, so you're one of the quiet creative types. Not to worry. I could show you some more routines if you like?" Ariel smiled back and followed him into the mirrored room.

He slowly showed her a few steps before picking up the pace. Ariel easily kept up with him as they moved their bodies rhythmically to the classical music. They leaped, pranced, spun and jumped around for hours until they were both breathing heavily on the floor in exhaustion.

Erica knew that Ariel was on the floor below as the dancer (who's name Ariel had learned to be Archer) had contacted her on one of the human devices used for communication. After her music class had ended she watched Ariel and Archer dance together in awe, and enthusiastically clapped after they had finished.

Since they had walked to the complex Ariel and Erica had to walk back. Erica suggested they took a shortcut through the park to get home quicker. "How long have you been a dancer?" Erica asked, turning towards her. Ariel shook her head. "you've never danced?" She nodded. "oh, i just thought with the way you danced that you had been doing so for a long ti-" Ariel was confused as to why Erica had stopped her sentence and movement altogether until a dark figure emerged from the shadows.

The familiar sound of her own voice greeted her ears. "You're taking to long," The sea-witch taunted. "the human has arranged a date with the male that found her and you haven't got any further than a hug." She cooed, sarcasm lacing her tone. "I'm getting bored watching your poor excuses at trying to make her fall for you so i'm going to offer you a deal. I will give you until the end of this week to make the human fall for you, and in return i will cast a charm that will open her heart towards you more. Do we have a deal?" The sea-witch held her hand out for Ariel to shake. She tentatively put her hand out and felt a sharp pain once they came into contact. "very well, I will see you again soon." The sea-witch walked back into the shadows just as Erica started to talk again.

She knew she shouldn't have made that deal with the sea-witch to only have three days left, but what did she have to lose? The human male was one step closer to having Erica's heart, and breaking hers. Literally.

Word count (excluding authors note):800

This chapter seems rushed but since this is for a competition I'm going to update the unedited versions of chapters when they're written. Then, about a day before the deadline i'm going to go back and do some major editing to make it all better.

It's kind of good for you guys though because you'll get frequent updates which is unusual for me haha

-Bella