Chapter 1: Back to the Future

I could barely breathe, being unable to comprehend the events that just took place, I fell to my knees and started trying to calm myself

I could barely breathe, being unable to comprehend the events that just took place, I fell to my knees and started trying to calm myself. I was too focused taking slow, deep breaths to notice the group of people in defensive stances all around us.

"Woah, calm down. We're not a threat!" I heard Sam say.

"We come in peace." Dean said.

I looked towards Sam. He and Dean were lowering their guns, putting them on the ground. A group of people surrounded us, and one of the men was holding a gun, aiming it at Dean's head. My protective instincts came in. I stood up and stepped forward, causing the man to raise his gun at me.

"We put our guns down, so why dont you do us all a favor and do the same." I said, loud enough for the whole group to hear.

But the man in the sheriff's uniform didnt move an inch. "Put it down or you might as well just shoot me right now." I said, taking one more step forward.

The man and I stared each other down until he hesitantly put down his gun. All of the sudden I started coughing violently. Sam and Dean quickly came to my side. I raised my hand to my mouth as I started to feel something coming up my throat. When I looked at my hand, all I saw was blood.

Sam and Dean saw it too. "Water. Please! She needs some water!" Dean cried out.

The group around us looked hesitant, but an asian guy quickly came up to give me a jug. I drank as much as I could. The more I drank the better I felt, but I started to hyperventilate when I fully processed what had just happened.

Cas sacrificed himself. Amara killed him. My best friend, gone.

"Annie, are you okay?" Dean came to my side and helped me up, but I couldn't respond. I was in shock. Blood remained on my lips.

"Who are you people?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask. I looked up to see the same man who was pointing a gun at my face earlier. I walked to him and a blonde woman to my right pointed a rifle at me.

"This again?" I looked to the man, eyebrows raised. He promptly looked to the blonde, but she didnt move.

"Whatever, shoot me if you want, but answer one question first."

"What?" He responded.

"What's the date?" I saw some people come out from the farm house in front of us.

"It's September," a woman with black hair replied.

"September." I looked to Sam and Dean then back to the woman. "What year?"

"What the hell are you people on?" A man with short brown hair to the left of the sheriff asked. I hadnt noticed him before. He had a crossbow pointed at me.

"What year?!" I demanded.

"2016" The previous woman answered, scared at this point.

"Four months." I turned once again to Sam and Dean. "It's been 4 months and Cas is..."

"He didn't die in vain, Annie." Sam jestured to our surroundings. "Everything is fine. Amara wasn't able to spread her virus."

"Nothing's fine." A blonde haired woman said. "The dead are walking and killing the living. Where have you people been for the last few months?"

"We..."

I couldn't finish the sentence due to the fact that a bald man interrupted me yelling, "Who the hell are you people? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you right here and now!"

Sam immediately replied, "We didn't mean to trespass. We are happy to leave."

"We can't let you do that." Baldie replied.

"Why the hell not?" Dean said, infuriated.

"You know where we are, and you can come back, take our food and our resources." He stated.

"We aren't like that." Sam replied. He gave us a quick look, letting us know that he was going to tell them the truth.

"Look, I'm Sam and that's my brother Dean, and we are hunters. We hunt the monsters and demons. This is Annie. She's... she's an angel. We are from four months ago, and we were teleported here."

The bald man spoke up again. "Okay Marty McFly..." The bald man then looked to the rest of his group. "Are you buying this bullshit?"

"We're telling the truth." Dean said.

"Oh are you now? You really expect us to believe you? You pulled off a nice light show, true Vegas material, but dont expect me for one second..."

"You want proof?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Humor me." He replied.

I let my grace shine through me, my eyes turning bright blue, and had my wings form a shadow on the forest behind me. After I powered down, I was able to see the the group's faces. And old man in farmer's clothing came up to us. "God sent you."

Before I could reply he took one of my hands with both of his. "Come inside. Please. Let me provide for you and your two friends. Maybe you can tell me what's happened."

I looked to Sam and Dean, and then to the group. The bald man was more angry than before, which I didn't believe was possible, and the rest were in shock, well except the redneck with the crossbow. He instead had a skeptical look in his eyes.

I was led into the house by the farmer, and Sam and Dean followed behind us. I quickly glanced back at them, and we all seemed to be thinking the same thing. How in the world were we going to explain all this?