Chapter 7: Barn Full of Walkers

When we got back to the farm, I decided to excuse myself and go to the tent that Sam and Dean had been staying in. Laying down in one of the sleeping bags, I couldn't help but imagine all the different ways the boy's trip to Kansas could go wrong. 

They could be overtaken by Amara's creatures or as Rick and his people called them, "walkers." Amara could find them and kill them. Baby could run out of gas on the way back, and they'd be stranded in the middle of nowhere. My imagination was running wild in the worst way possible. After who knows how long of torturing myself, I decided to get some fresh air. 

The first person I saw when I decided to leave the tent was Lori. She was folding some laundry, so I decided to go over and help.

"Hi." I smiled before grabbing a t-shirt from one of the laundry basket.

"Hi, Annie." She smiled subtly. I could tell something was on her mind, but I decided not to inquire. I was afraid she would then ask me how I was feeling as well, and I wouldn't know how to answer besides lying and saying I was fine. 

I was anything but fine. 

"I'm sorry." She said after a few minutes of silence. Knowing she was referring to Sam and Dean, I didn't respond.

"I saw you say your goodbyes this morning. You shouldn't have had to be separated from them. I know what that can do to a family." Lori continued.

I paused from my task for a second before I went to grab another piece of clothing to fold. "They'll be okay." I said softly, more to myself than to Lori. I had said the same thing when I talked to Andrea earlier... I was less convincing this time.

Before Lori could respond, I noticed Maggie and Glenn making their way over to us. I had never seen Maggie so upset. She quickly opened the gate that stood between the four of us, and slammed it shut behind her before Glenn could pass through as well. I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"Hey!" Maggie yelled, "We got your stuff."

Glenn looked glanced at me before opening the gate and rushing after Maggie. "Maggie, hang on, please." He begged.

I looked to Lori for any sign of an explanation for what was going on. Instead, she just looked at me with a bit of worry in her eyes before she looked back at Maggie and Glenn. "Come on in here." She said gently as she tried making her way to her tent.

This only increased my confusion. "Why? Nothing to hide." Maggie responded as she reached into the bag that she was holding. "We got your special delivery right here. We got your lotion, got your conditioner, your Soap Opera Digest." She said, pulling out each item as she listed them and throwing them on the ground.

"Maggie-" Lori started, but Maggie cut her off.

"Next time you want something, get it your damn self. We're not your errand boys." Maggie said, frustration apparent in her tone and her face. 

"Honey, I..." Lori tried to speak again.

"And here's your abortion pills." Maggie said before storming off past Glenn. The three of us were left to just look at each other and try to comprehend what just happened; although, I suspect Glenn and Lori knew much more than I did. 

After a few seconds of tangible silence, Glenn walked off in the same direction as Maggie went. I looked at Lori waiting for an explanation. Instead, she quickly picked up the abortion pills. "I really don't need to be judged by an angel right now." She said before picking up the rest of the items off the ground and going into her tent.

I was confused by her response for several reasons. Mainly because I wasn't judging her, and I didn't see any reason why I would. It took me a couple minutes of just standing there before I finally realized her reasoning for saying that to me.