eleven

"i don't know why i ever started dating rain. maybe it was a lame way to get close to you. but it's always been you that i've wanted. not rain."

suddenly i started getting nervous.

the voices in my head told me he wasn't being legit. they told me he was just playing a cruel joke on me.

there's no way that the guy i've likes since freshman year feels the same way about me.

"snow, are you okay?"

i took a deep breath to try to calm myself down. "don't take this the wrong way, b-but are you serious?" i asked while my hands shook.

"what? of course. i wouldn't ever make something like that up."

something about him made me want to trust him and only him.

"snow, i want to be with you. you're like the definition of perfection in my eyes. everything about you is superior." he reaches across the table, grabbing ahold of one my shaking hands and rubbing the back with his thumb.

his touch arose goosebumps on my arms and made me feel warm inside.

"but what about rain?" i looked down at my lap.

"i'm gonna break up with her. but i need you to promise me something." he grabbed ahold of my other hand, intertwining all of our fingers.

i nodded slowly, loving the feeling of holding hands with him.

"when i break up with her, promise me that you'll be mine."

i nodded again, this time with a smile.

-