Word Gets Around

Emily's POV

Its been a couple of weeks now and living with Alex has been awkward but fun. The only thing is that when we go to school, I have to walk instead of go in the car with him so we don't get attention drawn to us. Its exhausting but it's worth it.

Anyway, when I said living with Alex was awkward but fun, I really meant it. We would have out awkward times but usually we'd joke around and laugh. Most times we would run around the house cause he wants to attack me with tickles. I know it sounds like we are a couple but honestly we are not.

~

I am walking to school, thinking. I can see Alex's car far up front. I know I'm going to see it till I get to school because Alex wants to make sure I'm totally safe. If me or the baby was to get hurt, Alex would go on rampage.

Soon enough I'm at school. As I'm walking through the front door I notice the stares and whispers.

"How can she even show up at school?"

"I can already see her bump."

"Who do you think the father is?"

Then I realized it. They knew. They knew I was pregnant and I know they are disgusted based on their comments.

I try to ignore them as I walk to my locker but the comments haunt my mind. I try to think of who told everyone or who even found out when I think of one person. Rebecca.

~

It's lunch time and I'm looking for Rebecca throughout the whole cafeteria. I finally found her in the back corner and quickly walk over to her. My face is completely red and my fists are balled up.

"Why'd you tell?!" I yell as I reach her catching attention.

"What are you talking about?" She asks innocently.

"Why did you tell the whole fucking school that I'm pregnant?!"

"Because your a whore!"

"How am I a whore?! I've only fucked one guy!"

"Okay? You got drunk without thinking and fucked him AND got pregnant! That's a whore!"

"But you were so excited when I told you!"

"Its called acting sweetheart you should take a lesson sometime!"

"I thought you were my friend..."

"I become friends with people who aren't whores.." I stared at Rebecca my mouth hanging open. At that point my eyes were filled with tears. I looked around to find everyone staring at us. Tears fell and I ran out of the cafeteria.

This day has got to be the worse.