Chapter ~2~

Once everyone was gone I quickly slipped into my car and drove home. My house was a six story mansion. Yes it’s a mansion. It was huge. I dropped my bag inside the door and yelled “I’m home.” It echoed through the relatively empty house. I sighed and ran to my room. It was on the fifth floor. I took the elevator.

I opened the door to my room and it was just as I left it. I sighed at how alone I was. I laid down on my bed. I curled up and snuggled with one of my pillows. I closed my eyes and I saw how we used to live. We used to be a family. Back when mom was around. She would make dad make time for us. But she left us a long time ago. I think she was in Vegas now with her current boyfriend. Not long after my brother left and he wanted nothing to do with dad and in the process of ignoring our father he was had left me behind too. I don’t know what his problem was, dad was nothing but nice to me. Danny was just weird.

I saw flashes of the family diners we used to have. I think I miss those the most. I miss sitting with everyone and mom making everyone say something about their day. She was such a controlling witch. She annoyed the crap out of me. I must have fallen asleep because I was woken by Rose our maid. She said it was time for dinner. I nodded and said I would be there in a minute.

I might as well be living by myself. I only saw my dad a week a month, if I was lucky. But that wasn’t including holidays. He was actually home during holidays. If I needed anything, and by anything I mean money, I just had to leave him a message on his cell and the next day I would have an envelope waiting for me with money inside.

The next day I was in a poopy mood. Thinking about the old times always left me feeling bad. So the next day I dressed all in black. I mean there was no color on me. I drove my old car. I didn’t feel in the mood for speed so I took my beaten up jeep. I parked and as I got out I saw Nate and friend. I groaned. I really wasn’t in the mood to play around with him today. I know he saw me get out because I made eye contact with him. I grabbed my skateboard from the back and rode it towards school.

Nate got in front of me and he stopped my board. I quickly got my balance and I glared at him. “So that’s your car kitten.”

“No it’s just a rental, now if you don’t mind I would like to go to school.” Nate didn’t move he just smirked at me. You think the boy would have learned.

“You know kitten, you have gotten me into a lot of trouble in the two days you’ve gone here.”

I sighed and looked away. I really didn’t feel like playing with him. I just wanted to sleep. “I told you to leave me alone. And I told you my name is Nia, not kitten. So ass-face, I won’t call you that if you stop calling me kitten.” Nate glared at me. When he stayed silent and made it clear that he wasn’t moving I got off my board. I walked around him and stomped to school. “Give me back my board when you’re done being a jerk.” I stormed to my class and took my seat. No one was even there. The teacher was there but I was the only student.

“You’re early Niaomi.” I cleared my throat. “Sorry Nia.”

“Thank you.” I laid my head down and closed my eyes. “I just want to sleep.” I heard him chuckle. I was soon off in sleepy land. I was woken by someone shaking my arm. I looked up confused. It was Eric. I looked at him through slits. The room was freaking bright.

“Class is starting.”

“So.” I put my head back down and closed my eyes. It was a lot noisier. It was harder to get back to sleep but slowly I was getting there. I was in that wonderful place between sleep and consciousness when a book was slammed on my desk. I looked up, fully woken from my sleep. It was Mr. Simmons. I groaned and sat up.

“So now that all of the class is awake let’s get started with the lesson.” Mr. Simmons started droning on and on. I watched the clock tick slowly. The bell rang releasing us. I got up and was about to walk out the door when I heard my name called. I looked back and Eric was catching up to me.