Chapter 3

Abby's POV

Today is dad's birthday, but we aren't doing anything special because they're really busy planning the wedding and getting ready for tour.

Everyone but Pete gets to sleep in. Pete has to get up earlier to go to the grocery store to buy a cake since we forgot to make one.

I wake up around 11. Then I get out of bed to the smell of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. I go downstairs, where is already up, even dad.

"Happy birthday dad!" I exclaim happily and give him a hug.

"Thanks sweetie."

"Why are you up this early? Most days you don't get up until noon or later."

"Because someone." He replies glaring at Pete. "Kicked me when they tried to get out of bed."

"I already apologized for waking you up at 10:00!" Pete exclaims.

"I know!" Dad says laughing. "I just like giving you crap for it."

Pete groans and goes back to the eggs. Eventually the food is finished and Pete announces that 'brunch is served.'

We all eat our food, then joe brings the cake Pete bought to the table.

"Why is there a football on it?" Dad asks.

"It's all they had!" Pete says defensively.

I laugh then put a candle on it. Since no one trusts me with fire, Andy lights the candle. We sing happy birthday then dad blows it out and we all eat the cake.

Then we go into the living room and give dad his presents.

*time skip to after the presents cuz I can do that*

"Thanks for all the gifts guys! You really didn't have to." Dad says.

"You know that we don't care!" Pete says.

"Wait, uncle Pete, you didn't get anything for dad." I say.

"Oh, he gets mine tonight."

"Ew. We didn't need to know that." Joe says making a face.

"Shut up! You and Hurley do the same!"

"Ahhhh! My innocent ears! All of you shut up!" I yell.

"Innocent?" Dad smirks. "You showed us what you read last year."

"I said ears. I don't listen to those books."

"So Trick, what do you want for dinner?" Pete asks.

"Umm, I was thinking we go to that buffet downtown."

"Sounds great!"

We spend some more time at home, then we all get dressed to leave. We leave and Andy drives us to the restaurant.

When we get there, we're directed to a table. We're told we can go get our food whenever we want and we can eat as much as we want. We go up to the buffet and load our plates with pizza, chicken, salads, potatoes, vegetables, fruits, and whatever else looked appealing.

When I get my food, I take it back to the table and sit down. I think about waiting for the guys to get back, but then I think screw it and start eating. Soon they get back and dig in. Now, you've probably never been to an all-you-can-eat buffet with Fall Out Boy before. What I can tell you is that they're the sloppiest eaters. They shove food in their faces and challenge each other to see who can eat the most in a given amount of time.

Some may think it's disgusting and impolite, and it is, but it's freaking hilarious! I laugh as they shove slices of pizza in their mouths and a middle class family looks at us with disgust.

Eventually, we all finish eating and go home. Dad insists we all watch Star Wars, so we do. I soon fall asleep because, don't kill me, I don't like Star Wars. When it's over, Andy wakes me up and I go to my room. I try to fall asleep as quickly as possible because dad's getting his birthday present from Pete a room over.