The Game Plan

Harry finished the rest of his breakfast in silence, taking out his emotions by angrily spearing the eggs on his plate with his fork.

He tried to work out what had happened. It was only 7:30 in the morning and he already wanted the day to be over.

Looking down at his empty plate Harry tried to come up with a game plan. He needed to figure out what had happened somehow.
He decided he'd start by asking all of his friends first. Surely one of them would tell him, right? Ron was just being a dick.

Making up his mind to find Hermione, he grabbed his bag from under his chair and left the table.

As he walked through the halls he came up with a list of everywhere Hermione could've been. The list was short. It mainly consisted of
1) the Gryffindor dorms
2) the library.

He hadn't  seen her on his way to breakfast this morning, so he decided he'd check the library first.

...

The library was unearthly quiet. And yes, Harry knew libraries were supposed to be quiet, but this was extreme. Harry suspected there was probably a silencing charm enchanting the room.

He roamed the shelves looking for Hermione. Very few people were in the library on a Saturday this early. He didn't see anybody in his year there, it was mainly third and fourth years looking at their mounds of homework in disdain.

Harry had to give them credit, when he was their age he'd have waited until Sunday evening to do all that homework. Maybe that's why he wasn't in Ravenclaw...

Just when his thoughts were starting to get off topic, he saw her. She was standing in front of the Magical Runes bookshelves and frowning in concentration, her eyes skimming over all the titles in search for the right one.

Harry walked up to her side and she didn't even look his way.

"Er, hey Hermione" Harry said trying to sound causal

She must've been fully immersed in her searching because she jumped a little, startled by Harry's introduction.

"H- Harry!" She said startled, after realizing it was just him she smiled,
"I see that potion I got you is working"

"Yep" Harry said politely.

Hermione nodded and turned back to the bookshelf.

"Hey, Hermione"

She looked back at him again, clearly wanting to read, but listening to him nonetheless.

"I have a question." He said in a serious tone

Hermione looked a little startled at first but then smiled sweetly.

"Is it about last night?" She asked, her voice taking on a softer tone.

"Yeah..." Harry said and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, I'm no expert on anything, but I'd be happy to look things up for you, or give advice or find books or anything you need me to do!" She said enthusiastically.

She started walking down the isle, heading to a new section of the library full of muggle books.

Harry frowned. That didn't make sense.

"Ah, Hermione, wait" Harry called to her before she could leave the isle.

She stopped walking and turned back to look at him.

"Yes?" She asked expectantly.

Harry walked down the isle quickly to catch up to her.

"Where are you going?" He inquired.