The Conflict of the Game

Harry refused to get out of bed all of Sunday.

Both Ron and Hermione tried to talk to him but he promptly ignored them.

If they wouldn't talk to him about the night of the party, he wouldn't talk to them at all.

The only person he talked to that day, was Ginny.

She came to see him a little after noon. At first he was hesitant to open the curtains on his fourposter, he thought it might be Hermione trying to trick him. But she'd brought him a plate from lunch (turkey sandwiches and hard white rolls with jam) and he was too hungry to object.

It was nice talking to Ginny. They'd started dating again after the war had ended. Harry loved her, he really did, but lately things were getting more and more distant between them. After school started they rarely even talked even though they saw each other almost daily.
Harry was beginning to feel like for the first time in their relationship, it was more trouble than it was worth.

But talking with her now, it almost made it worth it again. The conversation flowed so easily and so causally between the two of them while Harry ate.

He grinned up at her
"I've missed you." He said, really meaning it.

"What do you mean silly" Ginny said with a smile.
"I'm right here. I've always been right here"

In response Harry reached up his head to give her a quick peck on the lips. Harry didn't think this was anything out of the ordinary, after all blokes normally kiss their girlfriends, but Ginny seemed to disagree. She turned her face quickly so Harry kissed her cheek.

Confused, and a little hurt Harry looked at her, his eyes demanding an explanation.

"Harry..." Ginny said softly, twirling a strand of her bright red hair absentmindedly, "the reason I came up here, was to talk about... us"

"What's there to talk about?" Harry asked in a deadpanned voice, not liking where the conversation was headed.

"Harry, im sure you've noticed how distant we've been these past few months..." she started

"I'm totally willing to put more effort into our relationship if that's what you want Ginny" Harry said earnestly.

"Harry, babe, I'm not sure if what we have could even be called a relationship" Ginny said with a quiet and sad tone.

Harry went numb. He couldn't feel his fingertips. The only thing he could sense was a buzzing that was filling him whole and replacing everything in his body with an eerie hopelessness. This couldn't be happening. He couldn't believe it.
Ginny was his whole world.

"You're- you're breaking up with me?" Harry hated how his voice sounded when he asked. It was weak and it cracked in the middle of the sentence.

"I'm sorry, Harry, I really truly am. But it's for the best." She looked like she wanted to cry just as much as he did.

Then Harry got mad. He got really mad. Ginny was supposed to be his happiness- he defeated Voldemort for fucks sake. She was supposed to be his happily ever after.
"You're supposed to be mine!" He shouted
"I'm supposed to be happy in my life after all the shit I went through, and Ginny you're my happiness!"

Ginny no longer looked like she wanted to cry after Harry yelled at her, in fact she was glaring daggers at him. Her emotions changed so fast it was kind of terrifying.

"Harry, I am going to forgive you because I know you are under a lot of emotional stress right now, but under no circumstances am I ever 'yours', I am my own person and I don't belong to anyone. Do you understand?" She growled in a dangerously low voice.