Endgame

It had been two years since he and Potter had officially gotten together, and about a year and half since they'd graduated Hogwarts.

Draco smiled as he remembered when they'd "officially" gotten together. Harry had stuck true to what he'd said, he made up with Ron and they spent that Christmas at the Burrow. And perhaps the most surprising thing to happen, was that Draco enjoyed that Christmas. He and the Weasleys had fought at first, over almost everything- politics, interior design, wrapping paper color schemes, you name it. But, as the break had progressed everyone had seen how happy Draco made Harry, and they'd eased up a bit. They were practically family now, although he'd never admit that to any of his old Slytherin friends.

They came out to the school a few weeks after winter break. They did it casually, holding hands in the hallways, eating at each other's tables, walking each other to class. They'd hoped to ease everyone into it slowly, as it was quite a shock for the younger years. Though, some of the eighth years had seen it coming (Theodore Nott had apparently been making bets on it all November long). The Daily Prophet had a field day when they found out. Well, more like a field month. Every paper for the month of January had a picture of Draco and Harry holding hand on the front page. The titles of the pieces were the best part, they ranged from " THE BOY WHO LIVED FINALLY FINDS LOVE " to " DANGEROUS DEATH EATER SEDUCING HARRY POTTER?". He'd found them hilarious and saved every single article he could find, and planned on making a scrapbook of them- just to embarrass Harry.

Harry.

That last half year at Hogwarts had to have been some of Draco's favourite memories of the school.

Draco reminisced about everything he and Harry had done. Of course they'd used the invisibility cloak to their advantage, and the Room of requirement. But, some of his favourite memories were simple ones.

Harry and he walking around the lake at night.

Countless seeker's games and quidditch games at the quidditch pitch.

Harry holding Draco and comforting him when he cried after they'd told his family.

Harry nervously sweating in the Malfoy's dining room after they decided to give him a chance and invited him over for dinner.

Harry's relieved face when Narcissa had finally approved of him (and Harry later admitting he'd used his Felix Felicis that night).

Harry shakily giving him a promise ring in the room of requirements at the end of the year.

Harry.

Draco fiddled with the small vial in his hand. He'd won it as a prize from a game in potions long ago, but he never used it. He always kept it, just in case he found the perfect use for it. And he finally had.

Harry.

These past two years had been the best of Draco's life. Full of laughing and kisses and extravagant parties.

Their futures seemed bright as well. Harry had finally become an Auror, like he always wanted too, but was debating about whether he wanted to pursue teaching instead. Draco was preparing himself for a Tryout with the Manchester Manticores (a new quidditch team) in two week.

Draco couldn't have pictured a better life than what he had now. He never wanted it to end, he never wanted to spend another day without Harry again.

Draco uncorked the vial with shaking hands and slowly placed it at his mouth. He breathed in the scent of the potion. It smelled wonderful, like what he imagined the color yellow would smell like. Happy and lovely and full of light.

Like Harry.

Staring at himself in the bathroom mirror of the flat he and Harry shared, Draco worked up the courage to go through with it.