Two in a Row

It takes Brendon all of three days to find another guy, but Frank asks to push the date back until the following Friday. Brendon refuses however, and they come to agree on meeting halfway so it's set for Wednesday night, which is a stupid day to go on a date. By the time that it gets to be Wednesday, Frank has seen his neighbors a grand total of six times. They just don't give up, it's actually kind of impressive.

Apparently the next contender, if that's even the right word, is named Dallon and Brendon has once again been unable to find anyone who isn't a little bit of a jackass. He only knows nice people, which is upsetting to Frank, but it's not like he's going to complain. He wants Brendon to lose, that's obvious, and he's pretty sure that Brendon will lose. Frank is picky, and he just doesn't believe in love so it's nearly impossible.

"Brendon, how long is it going to take for you to give up? I mean we both know how much I disapprove of relationships. It seems so pointless to try," Frank says.

"Frank, I just think you need to find that one guy. That one dude! You're too set in your ways to look for him yourself though. Believe it or not, I'm trying to do you a favor," Brendon says.

"What favor is that? I'm great at getting myself my own dates, I don't need you to do it for me."

"First of all, picking up guys at a bar and taking them home is not a date. There's nothing wrong with it, that's your lifestyle, but it's not a date. That's a hookup. Second of all, you only choose insipid guys who are more brawn then brains, and that's part of the reason why you don't think you want a relationship. I'm not saying that ultimately you're wrong, because for all I know, you're an aromantic homosexual, but it's also possible that you're just looking in all the wrong places."

Frank groans, "okay, but what's your deadline then? Cutoff date?"

"I don't know," Brendon shrugs. "How about the end of November?"

Frank sighs, mentally adding it up to realize that that's about two months away. At least it's not indefinite or something, because then Frank would never get that security system.

"Okay, but how about a maximum number of guys?" Frank asks.

"Ugh, not fair. You only let me schedule things for the weekend, except for this guy, but I can't guarantee all of them are going to be like that. Maybe you'll go for a coffee date with somebody. I don't know, just keep your schedule open, and I am not going to limit the number of people I'll be optioning."

"Whatever. I know I'm going to win," Frank says haughtily.

"Whatever you say," Brendon rolls his eyes, "but I think you're seriously underestimating my talent."

~*~*~*~

On Thursday morning Frank wakes up as he usually does. He still has to go to work and the guy beside him in his bed isn't going to stop him. What can he say? Frank's got game, and apparently his charm is not strictly focused towards the weekends.

It's not like he really clicked with the Dallon guy though, so he doesn't have much remorse when he has to kick the guy out of his house, as politely as one can possibly do. Frank may be a little rude and prickly, but he's not an inherently bad person, and he doesn't actually like to hurt people's feelings. Dallon doesn't seem to mind, he has work to get to as well.

Brendon had preemptively gotten Frank yet another date, because he'd assumed Frank was going to turn down Dallon. Why did he even set the date up is something Frank doesn't understand, but he's decided not to question it.

"Two dates actually," Brendon says.

"One of them is on Friday night, and another is Saturday afternoon."

"Cool it, bro. You found two guys? How'd you do that so fast?"

"I'm made of magic. The guy on Friday is named Pete, and he's a friend of Patrick's. I don't know much about him, and to be honest, I haven't even met the guy, but I'm doing my best. It's hard to find people who you haven't slept with, Frank. There's only one proper gay bar in town for hooking up with other dudes, and you've checked off everyone who's even a semi-regular there."

"I know, but I am very talented."

"I'll say," Brendon replies, and he does actually mean it. He has to give Frank credit for being able to sleep with practically anyone he sets his mind to. Also it's pretty remarkable that he managed to have sex on a weekday. That takes skill.

"What about the second guy on, uh, Saturday?" Frank asks, trying not to muddle the dates together.

"I know even less about this guy. The brother of a friend of Ray's."

"Well what's his name?" Frank asks.

"I don't even know that much. All I know is that Ray said he's stuck in one of those on-again off-again relationships, and everyone who knows him wants him to be off," Brendon says.

"Well that's just fantastic, you want me to be a rebound," Frank states.

"Hey, I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying that he is currently single, and that his brother is desperate for him to either stay that way or find someone new. I guess I understand that, I've been through a similar situation. I'll tell you more about him when I have more information myself. I'm going to hang with Ray on Friday so the dude might tag along. Hopefully I'll get you his name, at least. If the date gets cancelled for some reason, you'll be the first to know, okay?"

"Why would it get cancelled? I am perfect!" Frank states.

"You are self-absorbed, and if the current off-again turns into an on-again sometime before Saturday then it'll get canceled."

"That guy sounds whiny. Let him stay with the other guy, I don't want someone who's going to complain about another guy. Why do I have-"

"Because we made a bet, and I found someone who's going to be free. You don't have to like him, and you don't have to like Pete either, but you have to at least meet them."

"Yeah, I know! I went on the other two dates didn't I?" Frank points out.

"But you still fucked them."

"Don't judge me. You have your way of life, I have mine," Frank responds.

"I'm not judging you! I just don't agree with the whole one-night stand thing. It's your life though," Brendon defends.

"Okay good. I thought you were being demeaning there for a second."

Frank often times does stay in touch with that string of guys though. With Frank, a one-night stand is not a 'hey thanks for the good time, now never talk to me again,' it's more of a 'hey thanks for the good time, it's not going to happen again, but I'll hang out with you if you want.' That's how he's met a lot of his friends, though he never got into Brendon's pants which is on one hand a little disappointing, but on another hand a big relief, because ew. After you've known someone for so long, it gets to be pretty disgusting to think of them sexually, and he's known Brendon for over five years. That is why Brendon repulses him.

"Whatever. You'll meet Pete tomorrow, okay? And then the other guy unless things go awry," Brendon simplifies.

"Ugh, okay. When am I going to have like a weekend off though? This bet is seriously infringing on my free time."

"You always have free time and you spend it the same way you do when you're busy. Besides, I'm doing half the work for you! You would be scouting out for a guy anyway, and the time you save by having someone chosen for you means that you don't have to try as hard."

"Ah yes, but prowling is half the fun," Frank says.

"Just meet the poor guy tomorrow."

"Poor guy?"

"Yeah, he has a date with you."

"Thanks for the praise," Frank replies.

"Anytime."