~1~

He was struggling with his sherwani. He couldn't think straight. In less than an hour, he would be married to Tia Kapoor. She wouldn't be the woman of his life, he knew it. But she was perfect for his family. He thought. But to think and to know were two different terms that Shivaay Singh Oberoi had to understand.

"Bhaiya?"Om said entering his room. Shivaay straightened himself and looked at his brother with pride. Because Shivaay Singh Oberoi was never weak.But Omkara Singh Oberoi was never fool neither. He knew that his brother wasn't happy with this marriage. Being happy would only mean that Shivaay Singh Oberoi was heartless and Om couldn't believe it.

"Kya hua Om?" He asked finally able to button up his sherwani which, even  though was the best of all was really irritating.

"The family, Annika and Tia are waiting." Om replied.

"A-Annika?She's here?" Shivaay inquired and Om smiled.

"You know that you can still refuse this wedding, right?" Om answered.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi never looks back." He said and did his famous move. He finished preparing himself then he walked downstairs with his brother. He looked at Annika then at Tia.

'You're doing the right thing.' He tried convincing his heart. He sat next to Tia and smiled. It was much more like a forced smile. He threw a glance at Annika while the ceremony began. Annika was staring at the fire while her heart was breaking more and more with each minute passing by, when she noticed the red dot on Shivaay's chest right above his heart. She looked behind her and saw the man aiming a gun towards Shivaay.

As she was only a few feet away it was easy to save him, she thought.

"Billuji!"She shouted, running towards him. She pushed him on the floor and at the same time she felt an aching pain and warm liquid on her back.Both were shocked. Shivaay because she stopped the marriage and once again she saved him and Annika because she understood what happened.But then he too realized it.

"Annika!"He shouted while he laid her numb body on the floor.

"Shiv-"She said with a barely audible voice and she caressed his face. Tia looked at the scene taken aback and saw that her plan backfired towards her. First he shot at the wrong time, then he shot the wrong person. Shivaay began crying while holding Annika close to him.

"I'm so sorry Anika, I'm so sorry!" He whispered, kissing her hair.

"Shivaay we have to go to the hospital!!" Rudra and Om said putting some senses in their brother's mind. All the Oberoi clan along with Tia went to the hospital.

'Please Paanika, don't leave me now..' He thought, still clutching her body against his. Annika was trying to concentrate on his heartbeats to stay awake. When she arrived, she had been directly rushed to the operation theater.

Shivaay sat in the waiting room while tears were streaming down his face. He hated himself for not being able to protect her, his Annika.

"Shivaay baby?" Tia said but Shivaay ignored her. He left the waiting room and went outside. He recalled every memory he shared with her. From their first encounter to what happened today and he realized that he had hurt her more than anything.

He heard his phone ringing in his pocket. It was Tia who was calling. He looked at the screen and threw his phone which crashed on the floor, the 30th phone to end this way in a month.

"Bhaiya?"Om and Rudra said behind him and Shivaay turned to them. They walked to him and hugged him.

Shivaay let go and cried as if he had never cried before.

They sat there, talking about the few moments they had shared with Anika..As if she was already dead...

"Shiv..What about Sahil?" Om asked suddenly and Shivaay realized that they had forgotten about Annika's little brother. Shivaay got up and left to Annika's house.

"Sahil!"He said knocking at the door.

'Baghad billa?' Sahil thought looking from the window. 'Where is Didi?' He thought once again.

'Isn't he getting married today?' A lot of questions were rushing through his innocent mind. He opened the door and as soon as he did so, Shivaay knelt in front of him and hugged Sahil tightly. Sahil was completely taken aback. Why was he hugging him? And where was his sister?

"Kya hua Baghad billa?" He asked and Shivaay looked at him in the eyes,cupping Sahil's angelic face between his hands.

"I want you to be strong, because Anika is hurt. She is in hospital." Shivaay said and Sahil gasped.

"Kya?!"He shouted in fear. "I want to go and see her!" He said and Shivaay looked at him, his kanji aakhen getting full of tears.Sahil wiped them away and smiled at him. He had finally accepted his love for her. He prepared a bag with clothes for Annika and Sahil then they went back to hospital.

"Billu!"Dadi said hugging him tightly when he arrived at the hospital.

"Kya hua?How is Annika?" He asked.

"Billu, Annika has slipped into a coma..." Shivaay didn't know what to say,how to react. He couldn't put the words in this feeling burning in his chest. How was it possible that she was leaving him like that?Entering his life like a tornado and leaving his life after breaking all those freaking barriers around his heart?

"Kya! Why did no one call me!? I want to see her!" He said and began looking for a doctor until, when he came in front of Pinky she held him tightly against her and just whispered:

"Shiv, you can cry." Shivaay collapsed on the ground and cried. He now knew this feeling. It was a mix of pain, regret and guiltiness. Pain because she was his life, if she left, he'd leave with her. Regret because he regretted all this time he spent denying his love towards her when she was the only one he could see, she was his breath, his heart, she was his whole life. And guiltiness because he had hurt her way more than enough. From words to acts, his Annika had suffered a lot because of him. Tia looked at the scene and then at her phone.

"Shivaay baby, I need to go." Tia said.

"Go and don't come back." Shivaay said and she thought that he had discovered her plan.

"What?"Tia asked.

"It's not your fault. I just can't lie to myself and to you any more Tia. I love Annika." Shivaay answered. Rudra, Daksh and Om looked at him in shock while Dadi smiled despite the sad circumstances. This Tadibaazi finally became an Ishqbaazi.

"But  Shivaay Baby-"

"Bas Tia."Shivaay said and walked to the door from where Annika disappeared a few hours ago.

"Please go home with Sahil. I will make sure that Bhaiya is okay. And please take care of Sahil." Om said to his family then he went and sat next to Shivaay. He hugged him tightly and realized that behind the Great Wall of SSO there wasn't only love for Rudra and him but there was way more love for Annika.

2 hours later.

The doctor walked to Shivaay with a face full of regret.

"We do everything possible to extract the bullet and it was successful but it's possible that Ms. Annika won't wake up as there is no more brain activities." The doctor said and Shivaay, with no sadness on his face looked straight into his eyes because he had an idea.

"Unplug her this morning from all the machines and bring me a bucket of water." He said sternly.

"Mr Oberoi.."

"I have signed to be her guardian so do like I say."

In the morning, all the Oberoi clan was crying as Shivaay said that Anika would be unplugged this morning. As they were crying, he walked, tears streaming down his face with a bucket full of water.

"You don't have the right to leave me Paanika!" He shouted and threw the water on her face, drenching her completely. He realized that she didn't wake up and knelt next to her.