~16~

Annika nodded her head no.

"I don't want Meera to go. I never said that. It's just that I'm feeling uncomfortable, but not the bad feeling.."

"Well, my dear wife, you need to explain what you mean by that because I'm lost." Shivaay declared.

"I..Each time I'm around her, I feel as if I have known her from a while and then I don't want her to go away from me.. as if.."

"As if you have known her forever?.." Shivaay asked.

"Yes, just like that." Anika said and Shivaay just nodded. He was suspicious but he couldn't do anything without being sure. He continued talking with Anika, until she fell asleep then he called the private investigator he hired to find Anika's sister in order for him to dig into Meera's past. If she was indeed Anika's sister he would find out before telling her.

In the morning, Anika woke up, finding that Shivaay was gone. She wrapped a robe around her body and went to the bathroom to get ready for the morning. While she was preparing herself, she noticed the letter on her bedside table.

"Dear Anika,

I would like to thank you for accepting me in your family. Even though you're only the daughter-in-law of this family, it's easy to say that you're like the daughter of this family. And I'm no one. I'm just a guest. I wanted to tell that it's okay if you feel uncomfortable around me. I didn't want to give you such feelings.

That's why I'm leaving your house. I'm sorry if I was a burden in your life.

Take care,

Meera."

Anika read the letter and she was first confused, then she recalled her discussion with Shivaay and she realized that Meera must have heard them. She left her room and ran to Meera's.

"Meera!"She called while knocking on the door but Meera didn't answer.

She opened the door and found out that Meera wasn't there. It seemed like there was no one in this room. She walked to the main hall and saw Saumya talking with Rudra.

"Somu,have you seen Meera?" Anika asked.

"Haan,she said that she had to go because her grandmother is sick."Saumya answered but Anika didn't believe her. It seemed like Meera had made up an excuse to leave without being stopped.

Anika just nodded and went back to her room to call Shivaay.

"Shiv?"She said as he picked the phone.

"Ani?What's wrong?" Shivaay asked as he heard his little wife.

"Shiv..Meera..She left.. She believes that I don't want her in my life." Anika sobbed.

"Wait, baby I'm coming." Shivaay assured and he left from the hotel. He had gone there to meet the private investigator.

He drove back home and walked to his room.

"Anika..."He whispered as he entered the room. She gripped his arm and he hugged her.

"I didn't want her to go Shivaay, I didn't want to!" She cried in his arms.

"She heard us and now she's gone!" She sobbed.

"Shh,It's okay Anika, we're going to find her. She'll be back home, don't worry." Shivaay said. He pacified her until she stopped crying.They stayed in their room and Shivaay thought that they should maybe go earlier in their honeymoon so that she could rest for a while.

Om was in his room when Meera left. He felt that something wrong had happened. He looked at the portrait of Meera and it fell on the ground.

"Are you okay Meera?" He asked out loud and left his room. He walked to the hall and saw that Saumya was crying in Rudra's arms.

"What's wrong?" Om asked. Saumya looked up and saw that Om was concerned.

"Meera just sent me a message. She said that she had decided to get out of my life... She left the house early this morning saying that she was going to her Dadi's house because the latter was sick and she just sent me a message saying that she didn't want to interfere in my life and that she would be gone from it." Saumya sobbed. "I don't even know why! I had talked with Dadi and asked her if Meera could stay in the mansion because she had nowhere to go and she needed to study here. And Dadi was okay but today I don't know why, she decided to leave!" Saumya sobbed. Om looked at Saumya speechless. Why did Meera decide to go so suddenly?