~7~

Shivaay was roaming around the hospital, waiting for the doctor to show up.Last time he knew that she had a high chance of surviving but today she had a high chance of dying.

"Shivaay."Om said putting his hand over his shoulder.

"We got him. We got Daksh. He won't be able to hurt Annika any more."

"In which price Om? I don't care if we got him! Annika is dying!"Shivaay growled. He looked at his hand and recalled how his blood came filling her hairline.

"He hurt my wife!" He spat. Rudra came with a glass of water. He grabbed it and hit a wall with it. The shattered pieces of glasses cut his hand but he didn't feel the pain. He's heartache was so much more violent than these cuts.

"Bhaiya,what have you done?" Rudra asked holding his bleeding hand. He called a nurse to take care of this while Shivaay remained nonchalant.

Few minutes later, he walked back to his family and collapsed on a chair.He was thinking, thinking about Annika. Sahil came in front of him.

"Bhaiya, will Annika Didi be okay?" Sahil asked innocently. Shivaay wiped his tears away and cupped his face.

"Annika never let you down, na?" He said and Sahil nodded his head no.

"Why will she start doing it now?" He continued and Sahil hugged him tightly. Shivaay hugged him back as the doctor came.

"M.Oberoi." The doctor called, Shivaay walked to the man with piercing eyes. As if he wanted to eat him alive..Which was true only if he brought bad news regarding his love's state.

"How is Annika." Shivaay asked.

"Actually,I have bad news. Miss Annika is suffering from a brain haemorrhage and we still don't know if she'd be able to recover from this fall." The doctor said. Shivaay grabbed him roughly and pushed him against the wall even though his family was pleading him to release the poor man.

"Annika has to live." He ordered the poor man.

"Shiv-Billu, please, relax." Dadi said and Shivaay released the poor man who left in a rush.

"You can't act this way Bhaiya! You're acting like a mad man." Rudra said.

"I'm not acting Rudra, I am!" Shivaay said and Pinky walked to him and hugged him.

"Shiv,she will be okay. Here, calm down." She said and caressed his face. Shivaay finally fell asleep against his mother's lap while she was lulling him to sleep. Dadi and Shakti sighed while Om and Rudra decided to bring Sahil home along with Prinku, Somu and their parents.

Pinky was caressing her son's hair with tears in her eyes.

"How can it be possible that I didn't realize your pain." Pinky asked while tears were streaming down her face. She continued caressing his face until she fell asleep as well.

In the late night, a doctor came out of the operation theatre. Dadi who was looking after the sleeping family got up.

"Doctor saab! How is Annika?" Shivaay woke up on hearing her name.

"Ms Annika is out of danger now. She will wake up this morning. So we will be able to know only then if she has brain damages or not."Shivaay heard the doctor and walked to him then, he hugged him!

"Thank you for saving her."

On the morning, everyone was gathering around in Annika's room, waiting for her to wake up. Shivaay was holding her hand tightly kissing it here and then when she began waking up. Sahil smiled with delight on seeing his Annika Didi waking up.

She opened her eyes, rubbed her aching head and when she looked around the room, she saw Prinku and Sahil but she shouted in horror on seeing the others.

"Who are you?" She asked, holding her head as it was aching. It took a few minutes for Shivaay to have his mind clear again and he ran outside searching for a doctor.

When they left Annika's room, the doctors seemed deceived.

"What happened to Annika?" Shivaay asked.

"I'm sorry M. Oberoi, it seems like your wife has lost her memory."

Shivaay looked at the doctor for a while then he just left. He didn't know what to do anymore. Why the destiny was so cruel? Didn't they suffer enough?

He drove to a temple and he prayed there, in the first place they met.

He prayed and cried until he couldn't any more. His eyes were red blood shot, his knees felt numb due to his position, his heart couldn't beat properly any more.

Where was the source of his happiness? She was now lost between the present and the past, and writing a future was impossible. Because despite this amnesia, when Annika looked at this stranger's eyes, she felt that she had abandoned something important to her, she had lost something, something back in time.