Handyman

5 years later.......

*Chris's P.O.V.*
Kae: baby this is what we can do, we can have 3 cakes since we can't chose between the butterscotch, cheesecake, or chocolate wedding cakes.
I vaguely nod my head at her rubbing my chin hairs not looking in her direction.
Kae: Chris! ....Chris!
Chris: hm? Yes.
Kae: baby can you at least show the slightest bit of excitement towards our wedding.
Hearing her call me baby instead of Tiffany sounded cringe worthy. Her talking about OUR wedding was still surreal.
Kae: you better be thinkin about who your groomsmen should be!?
I wanted my best man to be Mijo but after Tiffany vanished we got into a couple more brutal fights & that was the end of our friendship. I reframed from going into details about Tiffany even in my mind. I know I'm the bad guy, the villain, the guy that ruined her life- who put her through hell. 5 years later and that wound is still fresh. I still love her & want her. I searched for her parents, her ex they have no idea where she is. I even hired a detective but once Kae found out she flipped and made me stop the search. In the beginning it all seemed so right with Tiffany & I, but somehow in the middle I lost it. The show she was on for the first season I watched faithfully when it came to the 2nd season I was excited to see her, but they said her character wouldn't be back.

*Tiffany's P.O.V.*
Tiffany: Baby!!!!
I watch my little man stumbling to run to me with his batman backpack and two drawings in his hand. I bend down and scoop him up in my arms as he collided with me. I run my fingers through his long curls as he pecks my lips.
Maurice: I drew something for you & Jackie mommy!
Tiffany: (gasp) you did!? Let's wait till Jackie comes out and you can show us together!
He nods happily.
Jackie is one of the only real friends I've made here. She's a teachers aid at Maurice's school.
Jackie: Taja!
I turn my head back to see Jackie walking towards us with a huge smile on her face. When I moved here I told everyone my name was Taja and my sons name is Maurice which it is but his full real name is Christopher Maurice Stacy Brown Jr.
I know that seems like the longest name ever but I didn't want people to recognize me then see my baby and put two and two together. So to everyone in New Orleans we are Taja & Maurice.
Tiffany: Maurice says he drew something especially for us!
Jackie: (gasp) is the true little man?
He nods eagerly and hands us our drawn pictures. I got a garden of flowers and fruit that looked just like our backyard. Jackie got a drawing of space with planets and stars.
Tiffany: you didn't draw this!
Maurice: yes I did!
He giggles as we plant kisses on him & begin to walk home. I look down in my arms at my sleeping baby. He was a perfect blend of me and Chris he had mocca colored skin like me with black freckles under his eyes like Chris I can only imagine how his twin sister or brother might have looked.
We get to Jackie's house which was on the way to our house till I spot-
Tiffany: who is that?
I hazily look over to the house next to hers to see a shirtless, sweaty, muscular, dark man in blue jeans nailing boards against the house standing on a ladder.
Jackie looks over to him then me with a slick look.
Jackie: that's Anthony the local handy man. He can fix clogged up pipes and drains and get them flowing and wet again.
I narrow my eyes on her shocked at her talkin so dirty.
I laugh.
Tiffany: you are sick! Not like that!
Jackie: uh huh girl please. How long has it been since you-
I raise my finger to my lips to sshh her gesturing to a sleeping Maurice.
Jackie: you know where I'm gettin at?
Tiffany: 5 or 6 years no biggy.
I say casually looking away knowing it was a big deal to go without sex for that long.
Jackie: good god!! You are a disgrace to womanhood a waste of perfectly good vagina!
I hear chuckling in the background and we turn to the handy man who was trying to hold in his laughter.
Tiffany: great, you happy now?
Jackie: look I'll tell Anthony to hook you up.
Tiffany: no!
Jackie: I'm talkin bout your house chill.
I laugh embarrassed.
Tiffany: my house is fine it doesn't need any work.
Jackie: psh! Girl please! The water heater be trippin, you need new shutters and the creaks some of the planks make in the floor! Girl you are living in a horror movie!
I start to walkaway laughing.
Tiffany: no thank you Jackie!
She huffs and walks in her white picket fence. I walk pass the tall, dark, and handsome god trying to keep my head straight forward. I feel him looking so I look up at him and we share a silent glare. I feel his energy from here and it instantly made me a little excited. I break our gaze adjusting Maurice in my arms and continue to walk.

Sorry I kept uploading & reloading guys the picture of Maurice wouldn't work but it does now :)