Trouble In Paradise

The sun shined through every window this Saturday afternoon in the house it was truly a great day. Maurice & I were in the kitchen baking, while Jackie lounged on the couch typing on my laptop reading up on all the latest gossip.

Maurice: what was daddy's name mommy?

He asks dangling his feet while sitting on the counter.

I'm always uncomfortable when Maurice asks about his daddy it felt like Beetlejuice or Bloody Mary say his name too many times he might pop up.

Tiffany: I named you after him. I'll tell you more about it later but right now we have to finish cooking!

I start to tickle him.

Jackie: Chris browns getting married to Karrueche!

Jackie shouts. Maurice immediately turns around.

Maurice: that's my name!

He tries to climb himself down off the counter to run over to Jackie.

I run ahead of him and slam the laptop closed. Jackie looks up at me crazy.

Tiffany: how about we go to the park!?

Maurice: yea!!!

He bounces up and down excited. Jackie looks at me suspiciously.

_______

*Chris's P.O.V.*

Momma Joyce: How long are you gonna stay Chris?

She said almost sounding like an irritating groan.

Chris: why you gotta say it like that!

Momma Joyce: Chris -__- you haven't spent a full day let alone a full couple days alone with me in YEARS.

Chris: well I missed you..

Momma Joyce: I think you're trying to avoid your husband duties by hiding out here.

Chris: okay first of all momma I'm nobody's husband-

Momma Joyce: not yet

Chris: fine I'll attend to some wedding crap..where are my baby pictures?

Momma Joyce: what you need baby pictures for?

Chris: it's like going to be a slideshow at the reception of pictures of us over the years then it transitions to pictures of us together.

Momma Joyce: it would be way more pictures of you and Tiffany together than you & that lil pop tart.

Chris: mom seriously!?

Momma Joyce: sorry I just want it to be Tiffany.

Chris: I want it to be her too....WELL where are the baby pictures ma!?

I try to change the subject to a lighter note cause like I said before Tiffany is a touchy & sensitive subject for me.

Momma Joyce: check my room, 2nd drawer of my nightstand.

I jet off upstairs and before I check her drawer I stand there for a second to compose myself of this whole situation. I'm getting married to Kae. Tiffany is gone...but in reality I want the opposite. I want Kae gone. I want to marry Tiffany. 5 years later and I thought my feelings would subside but they haven't, they've just gotten stronger.

I bend down to open my moms drawer and pull out a couple of photo albums. This can't be all the pictures? I look on the other side of her bed to see a picture frame sitting proudly on her other nightstand. My mom hates miscellaneous objects next to her bed so who was so special to sit upon her nightstand. Probably my sexy ass. I tuck the other albums under my arm and walk over to the nightstand picking up the picture frame. My humorous attitude instantly dissipates. Tiffany? Who's this little boy in her arms? Tears start to fill the brim of my eyes. Why didn't my mom tell me she had a picture of Tiffany that was obviously recent and who is this little boy? Does he look like me? Couldn't be mine...she lost the baby.