Prologue

Unknown POV

I heard my footsteps echo throughout the empty closed in area, my hands trembling like a boiling kettle and my breath hitched. My legs seemed to start giving in - I could feel his presence close, so close.

Click, click, click.

The soles of my feet tapped the ground and created a rhythm. I closed my eyes and began to hum lightly the lullaby my mother used to sing to me at night.

Girl of beauty, girl of strength
Don't unleash the darkness from within

I shook my head and began to run. He would be waiting, impatient. I wouldn't want to worry him or anything. I raced myself to the end of the large room, and I breathed hard. I could barely catch my breath.

"Annetta," bellowed a commanding voice. I stumbled back and collapsed into what I thought was a bow. It would do. I stretched out my arms in front of my lowered head and my legs curled up under my stomach.

"Master," I murmured quietly. "I'm so sorry for arriving late, I-"

"Silence. I have another mission for you that requires skill, agility, and cleverness. I have full faith that you will be able to complete it."

My face lit up. "Really?" I beamed. "What is it?"

He said nothing and pressed a button on the armrest of his tall chair. A projected screen came up and I could see the face of a young man in his late twenties. He had green eyes and a black leather mask over them. Over his blond hair, I could see two cat ears pricking out on top. "Do you know who this is?" The Master asked, staring at me intensely.

"Y-yes, of course. That's Chat Noir. The hero who you're always fighting."

"Wonderful," he rasped. He pressed another button and a pale skinned woman with raven hair appeared on the screen. Her eyes shone with happiness and were the color of the sky. Over them, was a spotted mask that was red and black. "And her?"

"Isn't that Ladybug?"

"Correct. I've already accomplished taking her Miraculous." A sly grin was drawn across his face as he pulled out a small wooden box. "It's inside here."

I gasped. "You finally got it! Master, that's fantastic!" I jumped to my feet and walked closer to him. "But I don't understand why you need my help."

"I was only was able to get Ladybug's Miraculous in that moment. Her partner was so fast and stubborn, and would block my every move. I decided not to risk my already achieved Miraculous in that situation so I returned back to my headquarters. "

"When will you go back to get the ring?"

"Ah, but I'm not. I have a plan. What I need now, is an unfamiliar face to Chat. You need to trick him into thinking you're trustworthy but break his heart and steal his Miraculous in the aftermath. It will work out perfectly."

"As you say," I obeyed, curtsying before him. I began to walk out but his loud voice stopped me in my tracks.

"You need a new name. Like a disguise," he explained.

"What shall it be?"

"How about . . . . Lady Rouge?"

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!
Guys I'm back! It's Laurel! Do you remember me?????😂
OMG I am legit so excited to be back here in the Wattpad world! It's been so long...
Well, Thinking About You has gotten 6k reads! *THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME AND AGRNSMEKFJWNWSJFNSJEJFHSGANDNHGUJSK*
And that means you guys get a sequel! Thanks for being so so so patient while I try to get my life together and find time to make this sequel. It took some time to figure out the plot but now it's all set up in my head(kinda not really XD)and I'm really really happy🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
can't wait to introduce you guys to some new characters and get u guys back on that cliffhanger we ended off with.
UPDATES WILL BE EVERY TWO TO THREE DAYS😊
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUIILYSMGUYSSSSSSSZ
Signing out!!
~Laurel