The fall

~To the ground I'm falling down~
-A Day Away

Marinette fell at an alarming rate towards the ground, tears streaming down from her eyes and an unbearable pain throbbing in her heart. Her raven hair was jostled among the reckless wind and her fingertips lost all feeling from the fall.

"Emma," she screamed. "Emma, where are you?!"

Suddenly as if her baby was replying to her, Marinette heard a faint wail below her. She gasped and flailed her arms around wildly to get closer to her daughter but eventually her weight pulled her down right next to Emma.

Marinette cried in relief and wrapped the tiny baby in her arms as they fell closer and closer to the hard cement. She looked up and saw that Chat and Hawkmoth had both disappeared, but then lowered her head and spotted Adrien with the police crew, desperately trying to find a way to catch them.

The mother flipped her and Emma around so that her back was facing the ground and squeezed her eyes shut. "We'll be alright, buggy. We'll be alright." She could hear Emma wailing and crying and did her best to comfort her through the moment.

All of a sudden the wind picked up.

We're getting closer. Closer to the end. Emma, I love you, Marinette thought as they plummeted downwards. The tears on her cheeks flew upwards from the speed of the drop. Her hands tightened around her daughter's stomach and kissed her on the cheek.

And then abruptly they hit the ground and Marinette lost control of Emma.

Warning: a bit graphic in the next paragraph😂😷🤕🤕

She heard bones in her back crack, spots where she was burned from Darkfire several months ago. Her head banged onto the ground and the wind was knocked out of her. A bone in her shoulder shifted. She felt skin opening and fresh scratches and blood seeping out of her elbows and legs. Her hair fell across her face and Marinette realized that her shoes had come undone and her ankles were now burning with pain.

Her whole body was in pain.

She opened her weak eyes and felt the world slowly closing in, the buildings around her swaying back and forth and the voices around her faded. Marinette felt a delirious giggle escape her mouth and Adrien's face suddenly hovered above hers.

"Marinette. Marinette, wake up!"

Her eyesight quickly dimmed and she felt the world go black.

Hii!

Here's the second chapter y'all!
Make sure to comment and vote and follow my account!
@simplymiraculousme
I love you guys and chapters update every two to three days, sometimes longer😊
Signing out!
~Laurel