The journey begins

Lady Rouge's POV

Whenever I am sent out to the open to spy and steal for Hawkmoth, I select a code name to disguise myself. My real name is Annette, but I usually like changing it to Adelene. Similar but so different.

It was only yesterday since the Master assigned me the job to steal Chat Noir's ring, but he like things done fast. So today, I go out and try to lure him into the trap.

When I go on missions, I try to not communicate with others as much as I can, but when I do, it can go down into a full on conversation. Some people ask me what I do for a living so I just tell them that I model for hours a day at the Beautè store downtown. It's the only job that I would want to apply for if I wasn't stuck under Hawkmoth's grasp.

I tied up my brown hair into a bun and slipped into some casual clothes in my closet of disguises. My fake hero costume hung on the doorknob in my room. I wouldn't need it today.

I walked silently on my flats through Hawkmoth's lair and stopped when my nose caught the stench of a sewer. The exit was close. I ran towards the direction of the strong smell and entered a room with a stream of a black substance, and a ladder on the other side of it. I groaned and rolled up my jeans and threw my shoes on the other side of the water. Then slowly, I waded across the disgusting stream, gagging as I painfully slushed through it.

It seemed like forever, with the smell of the sewer and disturbing sounds of rats skittering along the damp cement on the other side. But finally I made it across.

I placed my feet back into my flats and began climbing the rusty ladder that stood before me. When I made it to the top, I pushed open the sewer lid above my head and gasped fresh air, sitting on a parking lot of an abandoned motel. I crawled out of the opening and pulled myself together.

All of a sudden a scream sounded nearby and I looked up to see a figure falling straight from the sky.

Hi!

Sorry haven't updated in a while. Winter break has made me lazy af!😂 Where did you guys go for the holidays? I went to Chicago😁

Anyways, hope you enjoyed and make sure to vote and comment below!

Love you guys and signing out!

~Laurel