Him

Lady Rouge's POV

I tumbled out of the way as the figure thudded on the ground and sprinted away as quick as my legs could carry me. I saw a man kneel by her side, blonde hair swept over his green eyes. He grabbed her hand and began sobbing, screaming of what seemed to be her name, desperately looking around him for help.

I would step in, but my last encounter with people above the ground didn't end quite pretty. I took a quick glance at the unknown man, before running off to find somewhere to hide.

I didn't really know where I was going. I have a rented apartment somewhere nearby, but I can't risk going there since . . . he's my neighbor. I groaned and began walking faster, my face contorting with disgust of the thought of him and something else. What was it? Guilt. I squeezed my eyes shut recalling past events.

'Adelene, why don't we go for a walk? I planned the evening just for us...'

'Go away, I don't feel like talking.'

'C'mon, babe, I canceled work for this time together and let me tell you, Mr. Lambert is not easy on breaks.''

'I said leave me alone, you idiot! I've got work to do...And I don't need your pesky self to get in the way of it, thank you.'

I let out a shriek of cringe and guilt, dropping my leather purse in the process. My costume fell right out and I scrambled down to pick it up. A gentle hand - a male's hand - brushed briefly over mine as it helped clean up my mess. I looked up and gasped, stumbling away. My hands scratched on the sidewalk and people walking around us stared.

"ELLIOT??"

His faced flushed and his cheeks turned the color of  a ripe strawberry. "S-sorry - I thought - never mind - thought you were someone else - I'll be going -" he turned and scrambled to get up on his feet. "Sorry ma'am, didn't see you - excuse me - pardon-"

I realized my own face felt extremely hot and quickly pressed my cold hands over my cheeks to cool myself down. I noticed my heart racing fast. I suddenly stood up, having the sudden urge to look impressive and proper and raised my head high. "Elliot!" I yelled. I coughed into my fist and blinked. Why was my voice in a higher pitch than usual? I sounded like a flirty girl at a night club, begging for attention. I sounded perky.

Elliot turned, and for a second I thought he forgave me and would run back into my arms. But he gave a nasty scowl at me and turned around, walking away through the bustling crowd.

Why was I acting like this?? Originally I didn't have a single care for Elliot, but now I felt like I had to grab every inch of his attention towards me. My flats clicking on the cement, I ran straight past him and decided to stay in the apartment right next door to him.

Hi!!

Yo guess what I'm back and I'm here to stay! Recently been missing writing stories and I can't leave all my readers hanging on the last chapter! Also TYSM for over 700 reads omg!!!!! Love you guys💗

Signing out!(not for real this time tho lol)

~Laurel