A moment to not remember

~Say something I'm giving up on you~
-Great Big World

ADRIEN'S POV

"Marinette!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Emma!" The moment was brutal and I could feel tears streaming down my face. I wasn't almost losing my family again. I wasn't losing them.

The police were arriving soon, but soon wasn't fast enough. "Claws out!" I shouted. Plagg fell out of the pocket of my shirt and collapsed on the cement, defeated.

"I don't know what's wrong, Adrien, but I'm all out of energy." He rolled over some more just to show his weakness.

"Plagg!" I pleaded.l "My wife and daughter are there, falling to their deaths and I can't just stand here doing nothing!" I don't think I've cried this much before.

"Adrien, I'm serious!" Plagg shouted back at me. I flinched. "Without Tikki present, my powers are weaker than ever, can't you see? I would do something, but I can't. I can't." He lied still, breathing heavily.

Suddenly I heard the wailing of a police car. I grabbed a police out of his car and clutched him by this jacket. "Listen, a woman and one month old baby are falling from the Eiffel Tower and I can't do a damn thing about it! So you and your crew have to do something right now or I think I'll go insane. Please."

"We can try to catch them in a protective net. We have one in the back of the car, " he replied.

"Okay, then. Get it out!" Adrien squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head.

The police ran back out and began shouting commands and unfolding the net. "Hurry!" They hollered.

"MARINETTE!" Adrien suddenly screamed as he saw the two figures falling towards the ground closer than ever. Marinette had Emma wrapped around in her arms, both of them crying and screaming as they plummeted down to earth. "HELP! SOMEBODY!" He ran side to side, hoping that some crazy miracle would appear and they would land in his arms safe and sound.

Everything would be okay.

The crew was all set and ready to go, but it was too late. They hit the ground with a thud, Emma flying out of her mother's arms and Marinette skidding across the pavement. The police caught the baby the second she landed on the ground and were now setting her in the ambulance, strings and tubes and gauze wrapped around her tiny body.

Adrien ran to Marinette faster than a bullet and crashed down at her side, sobbing and kissing her forehead repeatedly. "Marinette. Marinette, wake up!" he cried, removing the hair on her face. Forced tears streamed down her cheeks and for a second she opened her eyes and looked up at him in a trance. She let out a small giggle and then all of a sudden, she lost all consciousness.

"POLICE!" He hollered. "Someone get over here, now!"

The police arrived, looking ashamed and disappointed in theirselves and quickly lifted up her body, and loaded her on a stretcher and on the ambulance next to Emma. Adrien got on next to them and cursed at the police as they closed the doors. "How could you?! What took so long?!" he sobbed in his hands as the vehicle sped off.

"I'm so sorry," he quivered, shaking his head. "It's all my fault." Tears slipped out onto his cheeks and he watched as the monitor in front of him continuously beat rhythmically with their hearts.

Then all of a sudden Emma's heartbeat went flat.

Hi!

So sorry I haven't updated in a while. Busy with school and everything😩

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!

Signing out,

~Laurel