therapy 002

i apologize for the wait // unedited
------------

"so tyler, how was your first day back to school?" dr.greyson asks, his beard as white as ever, and his forehead just as wrinkled.
tyler shrugs, mumbling out a small 'fine' and repositioning himself on the chair so that his legs hang over the side of the arm rest. the wall that is now in front of him holds a painting.

its frame large and intricate

its frame large and intricate. the wood dark but still light enough to make out it's carvings in the dim lighting of dr.greyson's office.
tyler stares at the painting without a watery gaze, his vision only leaving it once he has to blink.

he's a wreck. his hair messy, strands sticking up in places yet still resting flat on his forehead.
under his eyes sit the lilac creases proving how little sleep he's had. even his cheeks, which once held a soft pink enough to make sunsets jealous have become pale, making his few freckles stand out against the whiteness of his skin.
"how are you feeling?" he asks. tyler simply shrugs, not wanting to lie but also not wanting to tell the truth.
"i'll take that as not well then."
tyler shrugs.

he looks again to the painting, the eye, slightly hidden under the leaves and white flowers looks to him in a judgement way. even though it lacks the ability to see, it can see into him further than anyone else.
"i see you like the painting," dr.greyson says, his voice startling tyler out of his trance just enough to earn a glance in his direction.
"a patient of mine did that for me a few years ago."

tyler turns away from the painting, now sitting properly in his chair. although the painting is out of sight he can still feel it's eyes on him.

"tyler," dr.greyson starts "i would like you to continue where you left off last week. you said you and josh were at the view point?"
tyler looks the the window on his right, the shades slightly closed but still allowing the small amount of light an overcast sky can create to come through. tyler mumbles a 'yes' his heart beginning to beat faster at the thought of the crash.
flashes of broken glass and josh's face trickling blood enter his mind.

tyler can feel his hands shake as he tells dr.greyson of the winds in the road and of the way the yellow paint looks so bright in the headlights as they drive in the dark.
his breathing becomes heavy as he recounts the way josh swerves the steering wheel in an attempt to move from the oncoming vehicles path. and he can feel tears fall to his cheeks and he whispers of the broken glass in his trembling hands and the blood that escapes josh's forehead as he tries to stay awake.

when tyler is done there is only 15 minutes left to their session.
tyler is looking to his lap, his hands shaking as he lifts them to his hair, gripping it hard with white knuckles and tingling cheeks.
"tyler," dr.greyson starts and tyler lifts his head to look at him. "i'm going to help you move past this, but i need to know, do you think you can get better?"
tyler shrugs.