eight

"hey tyler!" jack said, waving from the end of the hallway. brendon is there and tyler feels like melting into the cracks of the floor.
the hallway is loud and he makes his way to them, the talking morphs into a low buzz and suddenly tyler pictures the inside of a beehive.
he shakes the image away but the buzzing continues even as he reaches jack and brendon.

jack says something and smiles but tyler can't understand his words. he feels light headed as the sound becomes louder and he sways slightly.

jacks eyebrows furrow and he opens his lips to speak. tyler try's his best to understand but the buzzing just goes in one ear and falls through the other.

"i don't speak bee," tyler mumbles, swaying again.

jack tilts his head slightly in confusion.
tyler can faintly make out the sound of his name as he falls.

------

when tyler's eyes finally flutter open from slits to circles, the buzzing is gone.

he sits up wearily in his bed and looks to the clock on his wall.

6:42PM

'when did i get here?' tyler thinks, his mind is cloudy and his memories mix together into a muddy brown.

tyler turns to his window and slowly his vision becomes focused.

"oh josh," tyler says, his eyes beginning to water, "what's happening to me? i don't know how much longer i can take this."

tyler wobbles from his bed and falls to his knees in front of the window. he lifts a shaky hand and places it tenderly on the glass before resting his forehead on the cool surface.

"won't you come down soon josh? i miss hugging you as we watch the sunset. although, i'm sure you have the best view now don't you?" tyler chuckles.

suddenly tyler's door opens and he turns to see his mother.
"tyler honey! thank goodness you're awake, i've scheduled an emergency appointment with dr.greyson."

tyler sighs and nods turning back to the window. he removes his hand, leaving fingerprints on the once clear surface.

------

///so sorry for the wait!! i hope to have a more regular updating schedule now that school is out.