Chapter 3

A/N: i know it's been like 25 years i am verry sorry friends

thank you for reading and commenting :D

Edd frowned as the page of his book fluttered wildly in the strong wind.

'Stop that, you.' he hissed menacingly at the intense breeze.

He looked up as a shadow covered the paragraph he was reading.

Fuck. It was Peter Kensington, the local snotty rich kid. Peter was known for having more money than sense, but his parents disagreed, constantly smooching over how "clever" he was and how many "friends" he had when in reality he threatened people for answers and his "friends" were really just his gang.

The kid was a bastard, simple as that. 

Luckily, he was riding alone today.

'Talking to yourself eh double dork?' he teased, that disgusting smirk further marring his already unfavourable features.

Edd simply sighed, closing his book and standing up.

'I'm going.' he muttered, trying to get past Peter.

'Where do you think you're going?' scoffed Peter, grabbing his upper arm before he could get very far.

'Away.' he replied sharply, attempting to free his arm from the other boy's vice like grip.

Peter simply laughed and spun him around so he was facing him.

He curled his sweaty hand into a fist and drew it back.

Edd flinched on instinct.

But right on cue, a voice echoed across the playground.

'Hey! What the fuck do you think you're doing!?' 

Edd looked around to see who his saviour was. 

But he couldn't. All he saw was a flash of red hair as Peter's head snapped back. 

'Owww!' he whined, letting go of Edd's arm.

'Yeah, you try that again, it'll be worse next time.' growled the mystery red head.

'Th-thank you.' stuttered Edd.

His hero turned around and it was Kevin, of all people. He flashed him a quick wink and turned to face Peter again.

'Why do you need to protect him? Is he your boyfriend or something?' taunted Peter.

'So what if he is?' shot back Kevin.

That was enough to shut up Peter for about ten seconds.

A terse silence followed, broken by Peter saying 'So, you are...?'

Kevin simply flipped him off and turned to Edd. 

'Come on babe.' he whispered, wrapping his arm securely around Edd's waist, wanting to prove to Peter that Edd was, in fact, his boyfriend.

Edd's heart beat nearly out of his chest and all he could do was remain upright as Kevin walked him securely out of sight.

As soon as they were behind the a building, Kevin dropped Edd down gently on a bench.

'Meet me at lunch in the library.' he whispered, kissing Edd's cheek.

Edd whimpered and nodded, watching as Kevin walked away, probably to meet his friends.

Touching his hand to his cheek where Kevin had placed his lips, Edd had some difficulties believing he hadn't died and gone to Heaven.

~ chapter 4 coming much sooner than the other chapters ;)