Chapter 6

The leaves crunched loudly under Kevin and Edd's shoes as they walked through the small section of woodland that was on the way to the street they both lived on.

Edd gripped Kevin's hand even tighter, as if he let go he would be woken from this dreamworld where he was dating Kevin and cast back into the crushing reality that Kevin would never in a million years like him back.

'So.' Kevin's voice cut into the comfortable silence.

'Yes?' Kevin replied, shifting a little closer.

'Since we're "going out", we should probably go on a proper date.' he continued, kicking at a loose pebble.

'Yeah?' replied Edd, heart beating like a tribal drum.

Kevin cleared his throat nervously, looking up to the tall gnarled trees for courage.

'How about going to the pizzeria on Saturday? For lunch? With me?' Kevin asked, nervously swallowing.

'Sounds great! 12?' replied Edd happily, swinging their hands slightly.

'Awesome!' said Kevin, smiling to himself.

~

Kevin tapped his foot nervously against the tiled floor and watched the double glass doors for the cutest boy in the world who he knew would be coming in 10 minutes, according to the loud Italian flag clock on the wall.

Before he could ask if the time on the clock was right, the doors squeaked open and Edd slowly entered. 

He looked around until he spotted Kevin waving akwardly from a booth near the window. Grinning widely (he turned up!) he made his way over.

He pulled out his chair and sat down. He played nervously with the edge of his napkin until Kevin broke the somewhat tense silence.

'Hi.' said Kevin, grinning despite himself.

'Hi.' said Edd, grinning just as widely.

They ordered their pizzas from the crabby old waitress who looked like she should've died about 50 years ago and before too long, they arrived.

The conversation flowed easily from that point onwards, with topics ranging from video games to how islands stayed afloat.

While they were discussing the boyuancy of New Zealand, Kevin found himself staring at Edd, particulary how the sunlight illuminated one side of his face and made his eyes shine even brighter.

He shook himself out of his small trance and against his better judgement, reached out and covered Edd's hand gently with his.

Edd stopped mid sentence and smiled stupidly. Kevin's heart soared.

~
After what felt like 5 minutes, Kevin glanced at the clock and noticed that it was 4:30 PM.

'Oh my god look at the time!' he exclaimed, jumping up and knocking over his plastic cup in the process. 

'I have to get home, we have guests for dinner.' he explained hastily, standing up the cup.

'This was fun. We should do it again sometime.' said Edd, grabbing Kevin's wrist before he could leave.

'I agree. You're cute.' said Kevin, kissed Edd gently on the lips, and with that, promptly left.

Edd buried his head in his hands and grinned until his cheeks hurt.

~ tbc

once again thanks for the nice comments and votes! hope you enjoyed, sorry for the wait, and chapter 7 coming soon as possible!