fighting the fear

"Do you ever think about what you would be like if one thing didn't happen in your life?" Delilah asks, as she lays in my arms, our legs tangled and her eyes securely connected with mine.

"I mean, sometimes I think about what I'd be doing if I weren't doing YouTube and if I was still back in Guernsey but-either way, I'd like to think I'd still somehow of met you." I reply, running a hand through her wavy hair.

"Do you think we'll always come back to each other?" She asks, a hopeful yet understanding look plastered on her face.

"I will never let you go." I mumble, placing my lips gently against her forehead.

"Bit clingy." She chuckles, making me laugh.

"Have to ruin the moment, don't you?" I smile.

"Well, we're always so cheesy." She laughs.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask her, noticing the time.

"I dunno, what can we do?" She replies to my question with a question.

"Whatever you want." I say.

"Do you not need to film a video?" She asks.

"I was gonna film with Simon but..." I trail off, not wanting to leave her.

"I can come, y'know-if they don't mind me." She laughs.

I look at her and she looks back confused, "Delilah? Is that you?"

She laughs, "I sometimes interact."

"I'm so proud of you, you're becoming so amazing." I smile.

"So I wasn't amazing before?" She sarcastically retorts.

"Oh, shut up." I laugh.

Delilah and I make our way inside of the Sidemen house. She changed out of her pyjamas and is now wearing a pair of black jeans, a burgundy, cable-knit sweater and some vans. Her hair is still wavy and half of it is braided back. Her hands hide in the sleeves of her sweater however, I notice she isn't nearly as nervous as she usually is. 

"Hey guys." Vik greets us, sitting in the kitchen.

"Hi." Del smiles at him, taking him aback slightly.

"Hey-Delilah, how you been?" He asks, politely.

"Not too bad." She replies, sitting down.

I notice Vik smile as they begin to talk, Delilah being much more approachable than usual. Simon enters and I notice him glance a little longer at Delilah, smiling.

"Hey, Delilah." He smiles at her.

She looks up, "oh, hi Simon."

"You joining us?" He asks, smirking.

She gives him a weird look, "in what?"

"Did Harry not tell you what he's doing?" Simon laughs.

"Wh-no, why? What's he doing?" She quizzes.

"The patience test." Vik answers.

"What's that?" She questions.

"Oh wow-she really isn't very big on YouTube is she?" Simon chuckles.

She blushes, "I'm not that technologically advanced, thank you very much."

"It's alright, we're nerds, we know." Simon replies, grinning.

"But, yeah-no, I'm alright, I think I'll skip on whatever the test thingy is." She smiles.

Simon smiles at her, their eyes meeting. I sense something. But decide to not act on it.