don't let me down

"I don't understand." I groan, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Don't understand what?" Delilah shouts from the kitchen.

"Nothing." I mumble, as I type away.

She doesn't reply and I turn to see her looking out of the window, a cup of coffee in her hands. She is gazing longingly in to the distance and I see her thinking.

"Del?" I say.

"Mhmm?" She replies, not taking her eyes off of the world outside.

"You okay?" I ask, getting up and walking to her, my arms snaking around her waist and my chin resting on her right shoulder.

"I'm okay." She whispers back.

"What's up, talk to me." I respond.

"Nothing, I'm good-just tired." She looks to me this time, her head resting against mine.

"Promise?" I mumble.

"I promise." She mumbles back.

"I need to go pack." I sigh, realising the time as Delilah sits across from me, doing something on her computer.

"Okay." She mumbles, her eyes glued to the screen.

"You not gonna say bye?" I chuckle, standing up.

"Mhmm." She absentmindedly replies.

"Del?" I laugh.

She looks up and her eyes soften.

"Sorry, I'm so tired." She smiles, standing up and walking towards me.

She places a kiss on to my lips, making me smile as my arms wrap around her and bring her closer.

"Harry-you-have-to-go." She says, in-between kisses.

"I know." I sigh.

"I'll come see you later, before you go." She smiles.

"Okay." I mumble against her lips, stealing another kiss before leaving.

I go to my flat and begin packing, taking all of the necessary clothing and chargers and shoes and wires and whatever for the trip to pax with the boys. I notice a small photo on my desk and smile, realising it's of me and Del. I pick it up and gently rub my thumb across it. 

"Harry? You ready?" Tobi shouts from the living room.

"Ye-yeah, coming." I shout back, still staring at the photo.

I walk in to the living room and Cal speaks up:

"Del said she had to go to back to college, she never said why but she told me to tell you bye and she loves you." 

I frown but reply, "oh, okay."

Tobi chuckles, "you'll be fine without talking to her for five days man."

"Yeah, I know." I nod, smiling lightly.

Delilah:

I follow the faint outlines of the rain on my window, darkness utterly consuming the room. I silently stare out to the distance, my phone buzzing but my mind somewhere else. I turn to see I have six missed calls, all from Harry. I sigh and walk towards my phone, picking it up and answering as he begins to call again.

"Del-oh my God, where have you been? I was getting worried." He sighs in relief from the other side of the phone.

"I fell asleep, sorry." I mumble back.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm good, I'm just gonna go have a shower and stuff, I'll call you later, yeah." I yawn.

"Okay babe, I love you." He replies.

I smile, "I love you too."

Harry:

I feel the weight of sleep hang heavily on my body as I drag myself to my room, as I sit down my phone begins to ring and I sleepily answer it, putting it up to my ear.

"Harry?" A familiar voice greets me.

"Hey, Del." I mumble.

"I just got back from college an-" She begins but I tiredly cut her off. 

"Del, I'm really tired right now."

She sighs and I can tell she's annoyed-but I find myself equally annoyed.

"What? Why are you mad?" I snap, my tone even shocking me slightly.

She breathes out, "maybe because all I've done is listen to how great pax is and how many fans you've met and you can't sit for a few minutes and listen to me tell you about something I did."

"Well I am sorry I'm tired and don't have time to listen to some bloody photo you took and some grade you got for it, I am allowed to be busy and not have to be with you twenty four seven." I angrily reply.

"So I'm just an inconvenience?" She mumbles back.

I sigh, "no-Del, I did not mean that don't twist my word-"

She cuts me off, "no, please-tell me how annoying I am and how frustrating I am and how much you wish I would just turn off who I am for a few minutes of the day but I can't so-y'know what? It doesn't matter-none of this does."

"Del, what? Wh-" My voice raises as her words shock me.

"Nothing matters anymore Harry! What are we even doing anymore? This is so fucking stupid." She exclaims, her voice raising to match mine.

"Does what we have mean fucking nothing to you then? Is this all just one big waste of time and when you get bored it's just going to be over?" I scream back.

The line goes silent for a few seconds.

"I guess I was wrong." She whispers, so quietly that it may as well have been silent.

"About?" I whisper back.

"Thinking you wouldn't let me down, like you said you wouldn't." She says in hushed tones, before the line goes dead.

I angrily throw my phone against the wall, the sound making me flinch slightly. I watch as the phone clatters to the ground; mirroring my world crashing around me. 

What have I just done?

I just broke the only woman I have ever loved.

And I told her I wouldn't.