Chapter Five

Aiden smiled as he opened the front door. Oliver stood there, black button up shirt rolled up at the selves and dark plants. His hair was pushed back but a few stray strands had fallen down over his forehead. Damn, Aiden thought. He had almost forgotten how hot Oliver was. Oliver looked more than happy as he stood at the door, a smile wide on his face.

"You're early," Aiden said with a grin.

"Only by a few minutes. Oh, and it's nice to see you too," Oliver replied. "You look adorable."

"Adorable?" Aiden asked. A laugh entered his words on their own accord. He looked down at his band shirt and tight jeans. His red vans were bright against the dark floorboards.

"Yes," Oliver lent over and kissed his cheek. "Very, adorable."

Aiden couldn't help but realise how different he and Oliver were, and yet how perfectly they fit together. Aiden couldn't dwell on the thoughts too much as Oliver had been standing in front of him for a while now, waiting to be let in. Aiden stepped back and led Oliver into the apartment. They sat down on the bench seats. Aiden's cup of tea was steaming on the bench where he had left it. He took a sip. "Do you want one?" he asked Oliver.

"I'm good," he replied. "Where's Chase?"

"He is at Mary's. They will meet us there."

"Ah, okay."

"How was work today?" Aiden asked. He hoped that Oliver would choose tonight to come clean about his job, but he wasn't holding his breath. He had thought more about what Mary had said, and decided that he wouldn't be mad at Oliver whenever he did tell the truth, as long as he had good intentions.

"It was alright," Oliver told him. "I missed you."

Aiden felt the blush hit his cheeks. "Are you excited to hang out with Chase and Mary tonight?" he asked.

Oliver nodded. "Yeah, it will be good to get to know your friends."

"Chase is basically family," Aiden explained. "You probably won't ever meet my family, so this is about as good as it gets. He and Brian are really my only friends." Aiden suddenly realised how weird that made him sound. He didn't want Oliver to think he was some strange guy who couldn't keep friends.

"Don't worry about that, believe me. I don't have many friends either."

Aiden felt better about what he had said. "What about family?" Aiden asked.

"I don't really want to talk about my family," Oliver said. He looked away from Aiden and suddenly the hallway became an interesting thing to look at.

Aiden felt the tension rise in the air for a few moments. He wondered if he should ask about that girl he saw calling Oliver. Her name was Ava and that was all he knew about her. For all Aiden knew, she could have been his sister or his friend. He stopped himself from asking because he didn't want Oliver to have to lie to him. Oliver seemed pretty keen to keep parts of his life a secret from Aiden.

"Okay," Aiden said. He was pretending that he didn't care, when in reality, all he wanted was to know more about Oliver. He wanted to hear about his past and his family and what it was that made him tick. Instead, he received vague answers. He liked what he knew about Oliver. Aiden knew that much. "You know you can tell me things, right?"

Oliver's gaze quickly shifted back to Aiden. His eyebrows furrowed. "I know. There's just parts of my life that I don't want to talk about. One day I'll share them with you, but not right now."

Aiden felt like they just had a break through. "That's okay with me. Take your time."

Oliver reached over and linked their hands. "You know I care about you, right?"