A Very Unprologue-ish Introduction

"Investigation?" Isabelle laughed. "Now we're detectives? Maybe we should all have code names."

"Good idea," said Jace. "I shall be Baron Hotschaft Von Hugenstein."

- Cassandra Clare  

On top of a dragon skeleton, 

Defence Against The Dark Arts Classroom, 

Hogwarts

Greetings to all, witches, wizards and whatnot! 

Anophelia here! This story might be the strangest thing you've ever come across in your lives! And I don't mean that the content will be so odd... Well, it will be odd, I can guarantee you that, but there's always someone who's written something even odder. What I'm talking about, is the format. Don't expect chapters. You don't split letters to chapters. Or if you do, please let me know how to, because this makes little sense to me.

There will also be Anophelia's wall writings posted, more often than not as separate chapters, but I'll never post just a three sentence quote without a letter following right after. If that sounds confusing, I'm sure you'll get it after the first actual update.

Now another thing. Correspondence is an odd thing, coming and going in waves. No promises that the letters will be shared with you in pre-determined intervals. After all, it takes two to mail letters back and forth. Besides, if you haven't met Gruffalo and Pomporus, you probably aren't aware of the second issue we've got. Those are Ephydatia's owl and mine accordingly. They're lovely, but the goofiest things you've ever met. Leave it on them to get lost while delivering a letter from one side of Hogwarts to the other. So you see, some things are beyond our control. I hope you're not the impatient kind!

Last, but not least... I know there are people complaining about awfully long, ridiculous names of witches and wizards. Anophelia and Ephydatia might match this description. In my mind though, that's rather logical. A Muggle-born witch would have a simple name, acceptable by all her fellow Muggle circles. Now why would the wizarding community find a name indeed strange, if they all share peculiar, hard-to-pronounce names? The answer is, they won't. Neither Anophelia or Ephydatia are Muggle-borns, so that settles it. Please deal with it, because half the fun of stories with wizards is the names. And remember, it could always be worse. My name could instead be Mary Jane Sue Annabelle Crista Faith Moonshine and I bet all of you wouldn't want that, would you?

This is my first and maybe last letter directly to you, dear readers. Have fun with this story and don't worry much about the absurdity of it all. We're all mad here and you know it!

Until you read my writings on the walls,

Anophelia Miratio