Letters Between Houses - 03 ~ Ephydatia ~

On the marble floor,

Ravenclaw Common Room,

Hogwarts

Dear Anophelia,

I suppose you should take your own advice and "focus on the what and think less of the who!" It doesn't really matter to me who you are, I was mostly intrigued by the why and what. If you manage to understand what moves a person and why that is, you surely have no need of introductions!

In this basis I have no objections talking about myself.

Why? Why not?

What? Everything!

Your idea of writing on the walls with ink that fades away was brilliant! I want to take part in this silent action of mischief!

Since you wished to know about me, I shall share my morning thoughts with you. I woke up early today, around 5 a.m. The tower was half-empty (except for a couple of fourth years trying to prepare for a Divination test! Poor things!) I lied down on the cold marble floor, eyes pinned on the glass-like ceiling of our tower... No, that's not right. I was looking far away at the heavens, at the huge, snowy clouds and the sun... It made my eyes ache from the harsh light, so I closed them, tears dripping from their corners. At first it was dark, but after a moment the sun pierced my eyelids and made me see so much more... colours, shapes and forms. How can you show people the beauty of this light? To tell them to take a step back and see that the whole universe is inside them?

Well, I did ramble a lot and now I have wrap up this letter in hurry, because I am late for Potions and my friend Threa is really upset when she can't find a partner to work with! (Who ever said that Slytherins are good in making potions!?)

Sticks & stones,

Ephydatia