Chapter Ten: Get Your Shit and Get Out

As I was searching for some coal, pickaxe in my blocky hand, I heard the front door slam. Where was Dawn going? I got up out of my chair and went out into the hall, where I saw Adam and Dawn standing.

Dawn did not look the least bit happy, and all she said was,

"Get your shit and get out,"

I flew into my room as Adam marched down the hall. He looked at me, but I did not pay attention.

Awkwardly, I just sat on my bed, listening to the noises coming from the bedroom. Drawers slamming and feet shuffling around.

I noticed Dawn walk into the bedroom, and sneakily, I followed her. Adam had finished packing all of his stuff, and he walked out directly across the hall, totally missing me, into the bathroom. Dawn followed him, and I watched his actions.

"This is to show we will never be getting back together," Adam hissed.

He pulled off his engagement ring, then grabbed Dawn's hand and pulled off hers. Without a word, he threw the rings into the toilet and flushed it, then gave a menacing look towards my sister.

Leaving my sister, nearly in tears in the bathroom, he went and scooped up his stuff, He shot us both looks before leaving the house, and then the front door slammed.

Silence overcame the house, and then I could hear my sister's sobs coming from the bathroom.

Guilt filled me completely as I lurked into the bathroom, where she sat on the floor, knees up to her chin, crying.

"Dawn, please stop crying. You know he wasn't worth it, even what he did was shitty," I spoke lightly, and all Dawn did was pull me towards her, squeezing me with a hug.

Damn you Adam, you asshole.